Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the world coming to

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Last week my 78 year old mum who's quite frail tripped and fell at the Old Steine, and bruised her face. As she was getting up a young guy came up and tried to take her bag. Yes, in broad daylight he reached over her and was tugging her bag trying to prize it away from her, she was saying leave my bag alone, and he only stopped because several passing ambulancemen stopped to help, and at that point he walked off. He said nothing as he repeatedly tried to get her bag, and neither did none of the onlookers who witnessed this.

If I ever catch up with this scumbag...

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
take comfort from the fact that the attacker already has a very unhappy life

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
People seem scared of their own shadow these days any decent person would of confronted the low life. Hope your mums not to shock up over this.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
All you can hope for is that what goes around comes around, but all I ever wish is that for low life shits likes this when it comes to their turn to receives its a thousand times worse.

Hope your mums okay and gets over this well. Wish her well from all of us here.

It's hard to remember at times like this, for every one ******** like this there still are hundreds of good people out there.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
At the same time, there are billions of people in the world who would not do this. Get some perspective.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Last week my 78 year old mum who's quite frail tripped and fell at the Old Steine, and bruised her face. As she was getting up a young guy came up and tried to take her bag. Yes, in broad daylight he reached over her and was tugging her bag trying to prize it away from her, she was saying leave my bag alone, and he only stopped because several passing ambulancemen stopped to help, and at that point he walked off. He said nothing as he repeatedly tried to get her bag, and neither did none of the onlookers who witnessed this.

If I ever catch up with this scumbag...

Crap that the public didn't intervene.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Not when the OP is effectively tarring the whole world with the same brush.

No he wasn't. All he did was say whats the world coming to, which is a question, not a statement. He then said no one helped, which was an observation, not a generalisation.

Seems you missed the point of the post.

And to fair, if someone feels it's okay to try and nick the bag of an elderly lady who had already suffered a fall then they deserve everything bad that karma may see fit to bestow on them.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'm not understanding this? Where has the OP done this?

In the thread title.

It's a terrible thing that has happened and I feel nothing but sadness for what shingle's mum has experienced. I also empathise with what shingle is going through in dealing with it.

Where I take issue is the attempt to make this awful incident symbolic or representative of the world or where it's heading. As I said, most people would not do such a thing as to commit this crime.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
No he wasn't. All he did was say whats the world coming to, which is a question, not a statement. He then said no one helped, which was an observation, not a generalisation.

Seems you missed the point of the post.

And to fair, if someone feels it's okay to try and nick the bag of an elderly lady who had already suffered a fall then they deserve everything bad that karma may see fit to bestow on them.

It's not a question. There is no question mark. It's doing the tabloid thing of running a series called 'Broken Britain?' and then publishing lots of crime stories underneath. It promotes an unnecessary climate of fear and separation.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
In the thread title.

It's a terrible thing that has happened and I feel nothing but sadness for what shingle's mum has experienced. I also empathise with what shingle is going through in dealing with it.

Where I take issue is the attempt to make this awful incident symbolic or representative of the world or where it's heading. As I said, most people would not do such a thing as to commit this crime.
It just seemed a bit of a harsh thing to say to shingle after what's happened to his mum that's all. I happen to agree with him as well, what sort of society produces such shit human beings that'll try and pinch an old girls bag after a fall.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
It's not a question. There is no question mark. It's doing the tabloid thing of running a series called 'Broken Britain?' and then publishing lots of crime stories underneath. It promotes an unnecessary climate of fear and separation.
No it's not and you know it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It just seemed a bit of a harsh thing to say to shingle after what's happened to his mum that's all. I happen to agree with him as well, what sort of society produces such shit human beings that'll try and pinch an old girls bag after a fall.

I'm not actually being harsh. Harsh would be allowing the OP to carry on developing a view of the world as unsympathetic to the safety and health of his mother, without showing there are many more people who are much kinder than the perpetrator of the crime. There may even be many more people out there that would have been courageous or effective enough to respond to his mother's needs, who just weren't there at the incident. Harsh would be not offering that as a different perspective.

I think it's awful what has happened to shingle's mum. It's worthy of consideration on its own as an isolated incident without having to transform it into a reflection of the world at large.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Honestly, you could say that peodophiles probably aren't suitable babysitters and you could find somebody on NSC that would call you an idiot and say that they were.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here