Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

American Football on Sky Sports 3 now - old skool football conditions!

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Feeling very nostalgic about when football matches used to be played in those sort of conditions! Inches of snow, brush the lines off and get on with it! Would be cancelled for sure in this health and safety country now!

Jul 7, 2003
COnditions worse in Philly than the other games in the North East of the US. Entertaining to see them struggle but won't be a great game.

For those without Sky, the pitch was cleared just before kick-off and there is still several inches of snow on the ground.

Good added graphics by the TV people to add the markings to the pictures.

Last edited:

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
COnditions worse in Philly than the other games in the North East of the US. Entertaining to see them struggle but won't be a great game.

For those without Sky, the pitch was cleared just before kick-off and there is still several inches of snow on the ground.

That is mental-will the game be called off?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Sounds like the games I used to see on TV from Soldier Field back in the 80's and 90's.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

If you haven't got Sky there is a good stream here :- http://www.nutjob.eu/

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Short sleeves all round. Meanwhile, yesterday, Agustien was in three layers, a snood and gloves while warming up.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That is brilliant, good old NFL

Jul 7, 2003
That is mental-will the game be called off?

Nope, they just get on with it. Players having fun though - just saw one guy after a punt doing a dive through the snow in the endzone after the ball was called dead.

Touchline reporter has just said that she got one of the officials to take a ruler out onto the pitch and it is up to six inches deep in places on the field.

Jul 7, 2003
Not as much snow in Green Bay today but it is -13C at the game

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Got me thinking - when was the last time you saw a game in the snow with an orange ball?

Living in Philly it is a ton of fun watching this. Last night the weather said a dusting on Sunday. Go E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!!!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Living in Philly it is a ton of fun watching this. Last night the weather said a dusting on Sunday. Go E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!!!

Are you allowed to say "Go Eagles" on here?

Great game, though - taking a time out to kick snow away before the extra point - brilliant.

They'd just call a game off here, which is a shame. Anyone remember the 2-2 game against Torquay at the Goldstone? Football in snow can be superb entertainment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just finished watching the Packers, and flicking over to the Redskins.

Both at home, both nasty conditions.

The 'Skins started in snow that slowly changed to freezing rain, then rain.
The Pack was -10, with snow and freezing rain.

Happy days.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Are you allowed to say "Go Eagles" on here?

Great game, though - taking a time out to kick snow away before the extra point - brilliant.

They'd just call a game off here, which is a shame. Anyone remember the 2-2 game against Torquay at the Goldstone? Football in snow can be superb entertainment.

Not that one, no but I remember beating Hull 1-0 at the Goldstone with an orange ball and ice everywhere. That match was anything but good entertainment. However, as a bonus I was so cold when I got home my dad made me a whisky & hot lemon. I was 14.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here