Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moyes

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Everton seem to better without him, Utd seem worse with him. Wonder how it will all turn out?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having enjoyed a great day at the Amex I listened to 606 on the way home. What great entertainment listening to the comments from United fans, especially the one who was talking about Ferguson standing up in the Director's box looking on in disgust for the last twenty mins of the game. Turned out Ferguson was actually in Aberdeen yesterday :lolol:

Moyes has to be given this season and the start of next, surely??

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Having enjoyed a great day at the Amex I listened to 606 on the way home. What great entertainment listening to the comments from United fans, especially the one who was talking about Ferguson standing up in the Director's box looking on in disgust for the last twenty mins of the game. Turned out Ferguson was actually in Aberdeen yesterday :lolol:

Moyes has to be given this season and the start of next, surely??

Apparently there was someone on 606 who said he was fed up with Moyes and all of his staff, that instead the job should be given to Giggs. Who is a member of moyes's staff.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apparently there was someone on 606 who said he was fed up with Moyes and all of his staff, that instead the job should be given to Giggs. Who is a member of moyes's staff.

Another one was, "I only have ONE WORD to say on this, Moyes has to go"

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Everton are better this season, but Moyes has played a huge part in getting Everton to that level by bringing in players year after year that have gradually improved the team steadily so that they then got to a point where they played better football. Bringing in Martinez is a good fit for where they are now and he has made some smart loan signings that have also improved the team. I'd also say, however, that it is not Moyes leaving so much as a player he took with him that has really improved Everton's play. Offloading Fellaini means Everton are less direct, whereas last season there would always be a temptation to hit balls up to him to contest aerially.

Moyes is a good manager, but the challenge he has at Manchester United is bigger than anything he's taken on in his career so far and at that type of club if players get in a rut, they tend to look to the manager for inspiration to lift them out of it, but they may look at Moyes and think 'are you the man to get us out of this when you haven't won anything?'. United winning the league last season papered over cracks. De Gea, Ferdinand, Carrick and Van Persie had top seasons for them last season, but there were other positions where they looked vulnerable, especially in midfield and out wide. Carrick and Van Persie have been more injury prone this season and Ferdinand hasn't played much at all and teams have been able to dictate midfield against them far more than in years gone by. I watched their game against Newcastle yesterday and the last 20 minutes chasing the game, they needed someone with the composure in possession of Paul Scholes to calm things down as their players were playing like headless chickens.

I think United have to take their medicine this season. They made a mess of their transfer dealings in the summer and are paying for it, so they need to be canny in who they bring in during January. Strengthening midfield has to be the priority, but there are other positions that are needing addressing too, left back, centre back, the wide positions. Points wise, they are actually one point better off after 15 games than they were 12 seasons ago in a season when they lost 6 times at home in a season and that year they ended up finishing 3rd, although in fact they did come back and lead the table in the 2nd half of that season. The difference then though was that they were scoring plenty of goals and the main reason they had a bad start to that season was this was when Ferguson had announced he was retiring at the end of the season, only to change his mind halfway through the season. They are just not scoring goals this season, and that's because they are not creating enough chances.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Fergie put Moyes name up for the job to improve his own rep. I think it worked!

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Fergie put Moyes name up for the job to improve his own rep. I think it worked!

Ferguson wanted Moyes to be his assistant 15 years ago before the job ended up going to Steve McClaren, so he will have been an admirer of his managerial ability for a long time. That said, I think if the timing had been different, Ferguson would have recommended Pep Guardiola as manager because of his preferred style of football. As it turned out, Guardiola had already been snapped up by Bayern Munich a few months earlier when at that point I don't think Ferguson had even contemplated retiring at the end of the season.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
:)

4v4z0n.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's pretty clear now that the fear factor that teams had playing at Old Trafford is eroding fast. Old man Glazer is going to have to go without this Xmas and spend some money on better Turkey's than Fellaini.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
i think Moyes will sadly get it right at United, he needs a little time and opportunity to make the team his own. Until this happens though I will enjoy listening to 606 and the clueless united fans complaining and moaning, entertainment really doesn't get better than this.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
i think Moyes will sadly get it right at United, he needs a little time and opportunity to make the team his own. Until this happens though I will enjoy listening to 606 and the clueless united fans complaining and moaning, entertainment really doesn't get better than this.

I agree, United " fans " have been brought up on a diet of success for too long. It's amazing how quickly they turn in to bickering whingers, great entertainment . It's when they say things like " I didn't buy a season ticket to see us losing like this...." welcome to the world....

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Moyes is very negative plays a 40 yr old for 90mins and goes all defensive when taking a lead, Ferguson wanted more goals when in the lead that's why he was so successful. I loved the way our Oscar played Kaz in the last 10 mins to take the pressure off yesterday attacking is the best form of defence.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Moyes is a brilliant manager however he is used to producing teams on zero budget so he has a fundamental change now where he has a huge amount of money to actually spend.

The fact he is new does not help attracting players and signing Fellaini was clearly a knee-jerk reaction. He will come good but it will take time for him to adjust to a different style of managing. Also United will be patient as they have to realise they let a monster build a phenomenal management career which perhaps should have been transitioned a lot better than it was.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Moyes is very negative plays a 40 yr old for 90mins and goes all defensive when taking a lead, Ferguson wanted more goals when in the lead that's why he was so successful. I loved the way our Oscar played Kaz in the last 10 mins to take the pressure off yesterday attacking is the best form of defence.

There is some truth in what you say about Moyes' pragmatism and United have on more than one occasion being caught out protecting a 1-0 lead this season, Southampton at home springs to mind where they got pressed further and further back and Southampton's equaliser came as no surprise.

What I would say with regards to Giggs, however, is that Moyes has played him this season because United have tended to play better in the games he has featured in. He was instrumental in their 5-0 win away to Leverkusen, a team who yesterday won 1-0 away to Dortmund in the Bundesliga. The fact that they still are coming to rely on a 40 year old who can only start occasionally to pull the strings in midfield, is of course a damning indictment of where they are at the moment.

Last edited:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek

Moyes,will not get this right,or anyone else. Until the Club,Fans and sponsor's have a serious input. United are a busted flush.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I agree, United " fans " have been brought up on a diet of success for too long. It's amazing how quickly they turn in to bickering whingers, great entertainment . It's when they say things like " I didn't buy a season ticket to see us losing like this...." welcome to the world....

Nobody wanted his job back in December,but Brighton 'have walked the tightrope' and reached the other side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here