Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pressure getting to Gus?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He did, by his own admission, do his research on Sunderland during their poor start to the season. Begs the question, did he jump too quickly into the first job that became available?

Maybe it's just me but this sounds like he's not accepting much of the responsibility for their recent performances?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25291907

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
When did he ever take responsibility when he was managing us? Once against west ham and even then it hadn't particulary his fault. I could name 4/5 games with 1 specifically that was his fault.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
100% nailed on that he'll either flounce or flatly refuse to accept any responsibility for the team's league position if he's not given an unlimited war chest to spend in January. Which he won't be given. Will be funny to watch the inevitable unwind.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Was surprised to see his post match bad reaction on MOTD because I thought he had got Sunderland playing quite well.

Is this public disappointment in the squad part of the strategy to get Sunderland to spend in January?

And what great players will want to go to the bottom club anyway?

Surely they will only get mercenaries if they are still bottom come next month and would Bridcutt even want to go there?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
he is gone and forgotten by most
get over it please

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
They were two tough fixtures and Sunderland gave them a good go.

Gus is a born winner and bad loser, but this is part of what makes him such a fantastic manager. Sunderland will do well against weaker opposition and I'm sure he will keep them up.

If he can average 1.5 points a game for the rest of the season he may do it with 42 points, but when you think Liverpool only managed 1.6 points a game average last season that target may already be a lost cause.

He needs the results of a top half club and even then it will be close, so they could play superbly and still go down.

The 3 bottom clubs after Christmas last year were relegated.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Gus is a born winner and bad loser, but this is part of what makes him such a fantastic manager. Sunderland will do well against weaker opposition and I'm sure he will keep them up.
Nicely put

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Sometimes a rallying us against them backs to the wall stance is better than publicly stating the team aren't good enough. Sunderland are in trouble they need to get a siege mentality IMO. Interesting to see how Gus handles this if they lose or only draw in the next couple of games.

We are going to see how good he is, that's a fact.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The 3 bottom clubs after Christmas last year were relegated.

I think (and I'm sure some statto can confirm) that with one exception - WBA - the team that's been bottom of the PL at Christmas has always been relegated.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
he is gone and forgotten by most
get over it please

Well I'm very interested in how he does and I think quite a few of us are. Are you and others suggesting we just move on because he's not doing very well at the moment? If they'd just won 4 on the trot I wager you'd be happy to pass comment on here. Just a feeling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here