Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Subbuteo - o - o - o!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Used to love that big Subbuteo display in Gamleys on the top floor. When me kids were little I'd let them spend as long as they liked on the traditional Saturday morning Gamleys/Beatties/Uncle Sams circuit so long as we included a visit to the Subbuteo display :lol:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
many a school summer holiday spent in my friend's dad's garage (his car was banned) playing big league and knock out tournaments.

Football Express (5 a side) was for Friday night matches on the lounge floor.

I think I bought my Subbuteo stuff in Wisdens in Duke Street and/or the sports shop along London Road (name?). Would that be right?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just picked up this 1970's set for my son's 8th birthday next week. Read a couple of reviews that the new set cloths aren't a patch on the old baize cloth pitches.

£15 off ebay, can't be bad (although it is missing a ball…)

$_57.JPG

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Please note the use of the word "Soccer" if you are one of those that still think the word was an American invention.

I used to travel to school on a bus with a mentally-challenged bloke whose job was to glue the players onto their stands. Wish I could remember his name. Back in those days, of course, it was normal for schoolboys to make fun of people with mental difficulties, so we did. Shameful, looking back.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I loved subbuteo. I would gladly enter an NSC league. I was the first in my school to own a plastic pitch, although like QPR, I soon reverted back to the old cloth.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I was always sh1t at it. Didn't stop me trying to get the full-on Wembley Stadium look on the front room floor though.

I once met a woman in Gibraltar that used to paint the players. Sat on the beach all day painting little plastic men. Someone had to, I suppose.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Oh the joys of painting those little men in Albion colours. Many a happy afternoon spent with half a dozen mates playing subbuteo. I had the original floodlight version, although made of plastic the original men were made from card.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Anyone remember putting the little shirt number stickers on the players backs? They were tricky buggers.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I saw a full subbuteo range in Hamleys in London last week, got quite a few premierships teams and are selling ad boards etc etc

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
The numbers oh my what a pain .Still have a Euro 84 edition in the loft .you got 15 players in that edition France and West Germany .Anyone have the indoor edition with the blue pitch and walls ?Or was i the only one?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here