Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart storer

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yes, the pitch side interview is about the only show of sentiment by the club these days. It was good to see Storer looking well, happy and in employment. A nice guy who became a legend and deserved the long ovation from the crowd.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Yes, the pitch side interview is about the only show of sentiment by the club these days. It was good to see Storer looking well, happy and in employment. A nice guy who became a legend and deserved the long ovation from the crowd.

This. Guy a few seats along from me gave me an odd look when I stood up to clap when he was announced! I was only a few months old at the time of the Donny game but that's no reason for not showing appreciation for what he did for the club, thank-you Stuart :bowdown:

D

Deleted member 18477

STOOOOOREEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll never forget that goal.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I got to the ground too late - missed him. Damn. Love Stuart Storer. Just hearing his name almost brings a tear to my eye, sentimental fool that I am.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Could run 100m in 10.2seconds wasn't it? Was a great player for us in turning that season around.
When I look back on that season, I find it strange that Archer did spend a bit of money on players. Seem to remember paying 100k out for Paul MacDonald and Craig Maskell and the season before 100k for Jason Peake.
Maybe because the club was worth more as a league club? Removing the non profit clause and selling the ground we could all see the Archer end game, then why pump money in to buy players to stay up? Pull the wool over eyes maybe?

Storer is a legend!!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
If you were there it is all but impossible to put into words the feeling when that goal went in.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Reynolds - " what was your recollection of the goal ? "
Storer - " well as you could see I turned and shot from 25-30 yards out into the top corner "

:lol:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Just watched the goal yet again. At that time in my life the Albion was my life. My wife was working abroad. I didn't have a daughter then. I was able to completely give myself over to that desperate scramble to get off the foot of the table.

16 years on and it seems odd to me that the whole thing is now just a minor note in football history. It was a significant story at the time and we were hogging the back pages of the national papers; the next week even more so. Now there is a whole generation who know nothing of it, even among the football supporting community.

Now it is something that lives on through all of us, through grainy old videos and through threads like this. Thanks Stuart. Try as might, you will probably never be able to get your head around what you did for us all.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Me too it still makes the remaining hair on the back of my neck stand up.... Probably the second most important goal in the Albions history. Legend

I'm assuming you're rating the Reinalt goal as the most important? Without Storer's goal, we'd have needed to win at Hereford, not draw. But without Reinalt's, we'd have been out of the league. Tough one.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

What do you mean by that?

No remeberance of past glories? Oh no, you can't mean that, the club have created the heroes gallery outside the West Stand.

No support for the local community? Oh no, you can't mean that, they do that superbly through AITC.

No opportunity for supporters to demonstrate their own attachment to the club and that of loved ones who've passed away? Oh no, they've created the memorial garden and heritage stones.

No recognition of special supporters? Oh no they did that magnificently and movingly with Lance Corporal James Brynin at the Blackburn game.

No support for worthy causes? Oh no, they do that at most matches (yesterday missing persons)

No recognition of past glories? Oh no, we are reminded at every match when they show the video footage before each game.

What on earth are you on about?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
If you were there it is all but impossible to put into words the feeling when that goal went in.

Spot on. Find myself watching that clip once every couple of months when I think of it and brings a tear to my eye every single time. Watching that from the east terrace is still one of the best memories I have and certainly the 2nd best goal of all time!!

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
He was in Dicks Bar after the game happily talking to anyone who spoke to him. Had a good old chat with him. Very, very humble man.

Topped off a great day to meet and have a chat with the Albion legend. Very modest and funny guy.

[tweet]409444142503059457[/tweet]

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'm assuming you're rating the Reinalt goal as the most important? Without Storer's goal, we'd have needed to win at Hereford, not draw. But without Reinalt's, we'd have been out of the league. Tough one.
Without wanting to denigrate Storer's goal in any way I know which felt more important to me when it went in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here