Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was Schmeichel sledging Barnes before his pen?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Barnes Penalty was bloody awful but nothing in comparison to his terrible first goal. Why did he hit it first time? He should of controlled the ball first, then nutmegged the keeper, spun 360 degrees on the ball, pull off a Cruyff turn, flicked the ball up, tried a couple of kick ups and then smash in an over head kick.
That's what I call getting your moneys worth.

Right so you're happy with him kicking it straight at the keeper every time ? 50% of the time that penalty is being saved.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It was a really poor penalty.

There is more than just "did it go in or not". You're less likely to score if you kick it down the middle at waist height, i.e. straight at the goalkeeper.

Odd statement. If the striker has seen the keeper commit to a dive early, then there is nowhere better to put it than 'down the middle at waist height'. Which he did. And scored.

Some of the nonsense spouted to try to take the gloss off anything positive Barnes does, is weird.

That's 5 in 5 for Barnes, btw.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Barnes " you look a right prat with that beard you evil Aryan gimp "

Schmeichel " i know,i know"

TV doesnt lie

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Right so you're happy with him kicking it straight at the keeper every time ? 50% of the time that penalty is being saved.

Do you think Barnes should take any credit for sending the keeper the wrong way?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Acker did a great graphic showing Barnes's penalties a while ago. He can kick it left, right, centre and straight into the roof of the net. The majority of the time a keeper will dive one way or the other, so sometimes putting your boot through the ball to the centre is the way to go. There was a lot of force behind that kick which is why it wasn't saved. Don't try to make out that Barnes kicks it straight at the keeper every time as you're making yourself look foolish.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It was a really poor penalty, was it? :facepalm: He smashed it down the middle and Schmeichel dived to his right. He would have been extremely unlucky if it hadn't gone in. It's another, very obscure excuse to have a go at Barnes though, so go ahead I guess :shrug:

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
It was a really poor penalty.

There is more than just "did it go in or not". You're less likely to score if you kick it down the middle at waist height, i.e. straight at the goalkeeper.

Give him some credit, he outwitted Kasper, knowing he would commit himself.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Bunch of penalty experts here pretending it didn't bounce off Schmeichel's leg on the way in. It was very close.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was a really poor penalty, was it? :facepalm: He smashed it down the middle and Schmeichel dived to his right. He would have been extremely unlucky if it hadn't gone in. It's another, very obscure excuse to have a go at Barnes though, so go ahead I guess :shrug:
In fairness my Mum in her wheelchair could have scored the first.
The second was only a penalty.

But for the rest of the game all he did was roll around on the floor trying to get their players booked. :jester: :lolol:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Bunch of penalty experts here pretending it didn't bounce off Schmeichel's leg on the way in. It was very close.

What would you think if he hit the post and it went in?

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Is there any other player who scores goals regularly and bagged an outfield goal and a pen, who would be criticised
for the quality of his SCORING shots??

Honestly :nono:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Chris Wood was pointing for Schmeichel to dive to his right, i thought. Perhaps Barnes thought Schmeichs saying I KNOW I KNOW was directed at him rather than Wood behind him.
It was number 27 who think Barnes blew a kiss at at the game's end as time petered out and victory was undoubtedly ours. I hope he does that every week to a defender he's outdone and perhaps in future weeks develops him gestures into more than first base. Nothing wrong with a striker giving an air-roger to a losing centre-half.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The second was only a penalty.

But for the rest of the game all he did was roll around on the floor trying to get their players booked. :jester: :lolol:

Have to agree, on second thoughts he was shit all game 2/10 from me :thumbsup:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Jesus lets analyse the minute detail of Barnes is performance so we can find fault.

Great team performance yesterday, good to se a reaction and the team come together.

Barnes lead the line magnificently, scored two and has in my mind the hardest role in our team given our set up and style.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Nice to see Barnes get the better of that mouthy tw*t, making a living off the back of his Fathers legacy.

To Add, that was a quality penalty under pressure.
Was a poor pen (as seen on FL show) but it went in so good enough for me!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

in fairness i would go down on Ashley Barnes right now.

i cannot however ever envisage the day i would go down on your mum........even if she won a match single handed with her wheelchair wizzardry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here