Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays Penalty ....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We know what the ref thought....Listening to the interview given by Pearson on the bbc site he makes the comment about some players find it hard to stand up (yeh maybe if one of your players isn't all over his back time and time again)

What did you think?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I thought that if a centre-back lets a striker get goal side in that position then he's asking for trouble. And, with the benefit of having seen the replay, Morgan was pretty lucky to get away with shoving Upson earlier so they can't really feel hard done by.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nailed on. But not nearly as nailed on as the push on Upson, just before their goal.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought it was soft. Maybe that's because it was barnes and he had been throwing himself to the ground a lot throughout the game making me think it was just another barnes fall.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Pearson has a terrible case of sour grapes I am afraid ,which results in not giving the Albion the credit they deserve .His team were comprehensively played of the pitch and if he has not got the class and dignity to accept that then he is a first class fool.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I thought that if a centre-back lets a striker get goal side in that position then he's asking for trouble. And, with the benefit of having seen the replay, Morgan was pretty lucky to get away with shoving Upson earlier so they can't really feel hard done by.

Morgan was lucky to still be on the pitch for a number of "heavy" tackles he made throughout the game.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
We know what the ref thought....Listening to the interview given by Pearson on the bbc site he makes the comment about some players find it hard to stand up (yeh maybe if one of your players isn't all over his back time and time again)

What did you think?

Ref lost the plot in the second half. Bottled some big decisions imo there left back should have been off after that tackle on Barnes by the corner flag.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ref lost the plot in the second half. Bottled some big decisions imo there left back should have been off after that tackle on Barnes by the corner flag.

Agree. Overall I thought the ref had a pretty poor game today.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Do you mean the strong challenge that was actually the sort that if he'd been booked or sent off people would be bemoaning the sanitation of the game, the way tackles are becoming illegal. I thought that was a good, strong, challenge. Or you you mean that one where Barnes was taking it to the corner to run the clock down and when their guy on a yellow, already had his final warning, touched barnes and barnes fell over and got a free kick? Because getting a second yellow, even if you're on a final warning for something like that would be ridiculous.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Do you mean the strong challenge that was actually the sort that if he'd been booked or sent off people would be bemoaning the sanitation of the game, the way tackles are becoming illegal. I thought that was a good, strong, challenge. Or you you mean that one where Barnes was taking it to the corner to run the clock down and when their guy on a yellow, already had his final warning, touched barnes and barnes fell over and got a free kick? Because getting a second yellow, even if you're on a final warning for something like that would be ridiculous.

I thought it looked like he went through the back of him from where I was sitting, he was on a yellow and had been warned in between I wouldn't have taken much for him to be off

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
It seemed like the ref was atoning for his earlier mistake of not giving the foul on Upson. The one that resulted in the penalty looked a softie when it happened.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Thought the ref had a nightmare second half although ultimately it benefited us. The pen we got looked a little soft but then he missed the shove on Upson.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Nailed on. But not nearly as nailed on as the push on Upson, just before their goal.

I was ready to celebrate when he rose towards the ball with his head and then there was the massive push in his back how on earth did the ref not give a penalty. Then they scored and I really thought the ref was going to steal the points. I did question if he was from Whitehawk!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Standing very close to that incident IMO it was a foul and he was lucky not to get his second yellow, which he should have already received anyway earlier in the game

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I had a good view of the pen and it was a definite push. As was the one on Upson.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here