Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can someone please explain

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I reckon Garcia was pretty angry after Barnsley.

OG doesn't strike me as a man you want to anger too often.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I guess the players had that extra surge of adrenaline today, just like the crowd. Makes so much difference.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ince plus Greer's injury made us far more fluid added to which the rocket they got one would imagine. We were far quicker to close them down higher up the pitch.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
On Tuesday.we played the team who are supposedly the worst in the League and were made to look as though we were worst in the League. Today we played the team at the top of the League who should have trounced us given Tuesday shite performance and we played them off the park for much of the game.

All makes perfect sense.............

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Were Brighton and Hove Albion. You know were shite against crap teams and decent against good teams - right ?

If we do get promoted we''ll go on win the league straight away in that case

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose innit. :clap:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Tuesday: Played a team who we were expected to beast, the fans expected us to beat so didn't really get behind the team. The players probably thought that they would be able to turn up and win but it didn't work out that way.

Barnsley put numbers behind the ball and made it difficult for us by closing us down quickly and denying us room to play forward quickly.

Today: Played a team we were expected to struggle against so there was more riding on it and as a result the fans were more behind the team and helped lift their performance.

The players knew they had to work harder to try to get a result.

The opposition were expected to win so went forward to try to win the match, giving us more space to attack them ourselves allowing us more room to move the ball forward and cause them problems.

So it was against a different opposition in the way they approached the game and it was a different mentality by both players and fans that led to the different results. If only the team put in the same type of commitment and workrate against the lower teams.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Classic trap game Tuesday. Everyone while playing Barnsley was too busy thinking about Leicester.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here