[Official Site] Conway Delighted to Open Account

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
conway-071213-l229-1221587_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
19:33 7th December 2013
by Ben Soro-Perez
It was almost slow motion; I thought David had left it late, but he’d timed it perfectly. It was a great ball"
Craig Conway
Craig Conway was delighted to get on the scoresheet for Albion in the 3-1 win against Leicester.
The Scot netted the game’s second goal, latching on to a superb ball from David Lopez, before firing past Kasper Schmeichel.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I wanted to come here to set up and score goals and I’ve been involved in a few, but I hadn’t managed to score yet, so it was a great relief.
“It was almost slow motion; I thought David had left it late, but he’d timed it perfectly. It was a great ball.
“In fairness it was kind of awkward as it came off my shoulder but it bounced pretty well for me and I knew where I was putting it once I saw their keeper coming out.
“It was great to see it go in.”
Conway also praised Peter Brezovan’s performance, with the Albion keeper only finding out he was starting line-up minutes before kick-off.
“It was a bit of a shock for him given what happened in the warm-up, but I thought he did brilliantly and made some good saves.
“It’s a squad game at the end of the day and that’s what substitutes are for – to be able to come on and do a job, and I thought everyone who came on did brilliantly.”
The winger’s loan spell from Cardiff City expires before the next game at the Amex against Huddersfield in a fortnight’s time, and he admits he is still in the dark with regards to his future.
“It’s my last game next week so we’ll have to wait and see. But I’ve really enjoyed it. I’ve been doing well, I’m fit and sharp and I’ve got out of it what I wanted. Hopefully I’ve been helping out too.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here