Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno and Lopez - well done

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I criticised both earlier in the week so it is only fair to praise them for today. Both were excellent and combined very well.

Bruno in particular was excellent all match.

I've concluded Lopez looks great when the team are playing well and he has the ball in the right areas. He struggles when like at 2-1 we have our backs to the wall. Was therefore an excellent time to sub him and let Kazenga come on and provide the team with an outlet and more forward momentum than Lopez can in that situation.

But well done both for responding so well to poor performances on Tuesday.

ryans father

Jul 19, 2005
East Sheen SW14
I criticised both earlier in the week so it is only fair to praise them for today. Both were excellent and combined very well.

I've concluded Lopez looks great when the team are playing well and he has the ball in the right areas. He struggles when like at 2-1 we have our backs to the wall. Was therefore an excellent time to sub him and let Kazenga come on and provide the team with an outlet and more forward momentum than Lopez can in that situation.

Totally agree with this.

Lopez needs the team to be on the front foot then his vision and range of passing works. Having said that you could see his confidence rise after his ball to Barnes for the first goal. Maybe this 60 minutes is just what he needed.

Bruno was all energy and inventiveness. Sublime at times

Well done to both

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
That pass to Conway was sublime, best player on the pitch first half.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

Bruno has a lot of critics but he was majestic today. Nut meg in centre midfield second half summed there day up

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
When fit (both physically and match fit) Bruno and Lopez are 2 of the best players in this division.
Hell, they would shine in the prem on top form.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Bruno was canny today. Looked like he was gonna lose possession, so backed into the player behind him and got given a free kick.

:)

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

Agree very much with this and for my own part have criticised Conway previously but he has become a much more influential player over the last 2-3 games.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can someone talk me through SD's showboating pass back to Bruno, in front of the bench.

From the East, I could see it looked well lush but the devil is in the detail.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Was flair,When Bruno had the ball in south west corner in first half, surrounded by Leicester players, for him then to just flick it over them too lopez(?)

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Bruno has looked a liability at times this season but today he was outstanding. If he's played a better game for Brighton than today, I've forgotten it. Was so pleased to see Spanish Dave have a good game too. Both players have struggled this season.

If the Albion players were racehorses, they would have been dope tested after today's performance, such was the improvement on Tuesday.

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
I to have to go back on comments from Tuesday when I thought that Bruno looked like he couldn't care less and that Dave needed a serious exclusion to have a think about life. Bruno today was excellent, both passing and some decent challenges. Dave, at long last made some telling passes and seemed to want to be on the pitch. That's why OG is the manager and I'm not ... Lets hope both are back now and that the rot doesn't set in again with long trip North next week. (weren't Boro favs to sign Dave for a bit, hopefully he'll have a point to prove next week)

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I for one went into today slightly negative thinking maybe Lopez should be dropped. Thankfully Oscar is the head coach and not me.
Will gladly eat humble pie though he was excellent today. Faded in the second half due to possible lack of stamina but overall was nice to see signs of the quality he has in right foot.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bruno was show boating a couple of times today and it was magnificent

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here