Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Route One

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Not taking any thing away from the Albion today as a team they were fantastic,but how are leicester top of this division playing like that.:albion2:

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think their performance today was all about us.

Not many teams can play 'their' game against a team that in your face, as we were.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When they switched it to 4-3-3 chasing the equaliser you could see the quality in the side.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
When they switched it to 4-3-3 chasing the equaliser you could see the quality in the side.

You`re right for about 10 minutes after Wood came on they looked like they might do a smash and grab,but then Casper returned to sending the players up the pitch and hoofing the ball into our box, as he had done pretty much the entire match.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
I thought the foxes were quality, from 25th to 45th minute, every time they had the ball they looked very dangerous and powerful.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Maybe it's because they don't always play like that.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
A bit (actually a lot) harsh on Leicester. I think if we hadn't got that penalty then I wouldn't have bet against them equalising. They were very tricksy and caused all sorts of problems for our defence after they got that goal back. And that was a blinding header - shouldn't have been unmarked but a lovely goal nonetheless.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
If you listen to Pearson's post match stuff - if you can cope with the constant "umms and errs" - he says we played well "in patches", and Barnes "just can't stay on [his] feet" in reference to the penalty. We "tried to buy a second booking for Wasilewski" by bringing on LuaLua...when it kind of looked like LuaLua was brought on to relieve pressure on us by giving us an extra outlet.

I dunno, he kind of pissed me off in the interview.

Aug 23, 2011
We "tried to buy a second booking for Wasilewski" by bringing on LuaLua...when it kind of looked like LuaLua was brought on to relieve pressure on us by giving us an extra outlet

I think it was probably for both reasons to be fair. Lualua was primarily brought on as an relief outlet but I'm better sure Oscar would have told him to run at the defence and look for the second booking which I think is a valid tactic

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
A bit (actually a lot) harsh on Leicester. I think if we hadn't got that penalty then I wouldn't have bet against them equalising. They were very tricksy and caused all sorts of problems for our defence after they got that goal back. And that was a blinding header - shouldn't have been unmarked but a lovely goal nonetheless.

This. Even at 2-0 I was worried, some of their build-up was superb, it was evident why they're top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here