Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man Utd want B team in the football league

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
They should concentrate on their A team first!!

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
No thank you. What a barrier to ambition.

I give you the bottom five in the football league from 1997/98:

Swansea
Cardiff
Hull
Brighton
Doncaster

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Are they currently trialling this team in this season's Premier League?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
At the rate their going FCUM will be a league team before too long

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
How can they just 'have' a place in the Football League? Surely they'd have to work up the pyramid first....

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Surely this is a non-starter. It's filling column inches and only that.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How can they just 'have' a place in the Football League? Surely they'd have to work up the pyramid first....

But you forget the " We are Manchester United " arrogant mind set they have had for years.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It was Liverpool that first came up with this idea.

Liverpool did the " This is Anfield " sign over the tunnel on the way to the pitch. Man Utd did the " we don't want to play in the FA cup this year because it does not fit in with our business plan "

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Man Utd can **** off.

Seconded.

I can't see them starting their precious little darlings in the NW Cloggers Sunday League (Division 13) and working their way up. They'll want some sort of concession but surely the global-branded asia-obsessed vainglorious EPL broke away from The Football League and formed a new organisation? So Football League clubs can just tell them where to stick it, no?

I will definitely be finding something else to do with my Saturdays if 10% of league places end up in the hands of the pampered rich. They'll have all the money, all the players, no crowds, no atmosphere and be wanting 19 substitions and contact-free footy. It would be an utter farce and the last nail in the coffin for those of us of a certain generation.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
No thank you. What a barrier to ambition.

I give you the bottom five in the football league from 1997/98:

Swansea
Cardiff
Hull
Brighton
Doncaster

Exactly right. It's amazing to think how far all these clubs have pushed on. Should give every club hope.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Man Utd B could play their home games at other teams grounds, much like England did when Wembley was being rebuilt. This is because they have so many plastics around around the country. I reckon they'd get 20,000 at the Amex! Actually they can **** off and I hope they get stuffed by N'caslte today.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im not actually against it in principle, as long as they work up through the pyramid. but i dont see the point, why not simply "adopt" an existing league team like Stockport or Oldham and arrange to send them half a dozen youth players each season. or do as Udinese has done and buy a foreign club or two, get a second teir Dutch or Spanish side.

i do have a problem with the motivation, as far as i can see there's nothing to stop them doing this already.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Strange how terminology changes. When I first started following football 60 years ago Manchester United had a "B" team which played (I think) in the Lancashire League Division 2. Players who progressed went to the "A" team, then the Reserves and finally to the First Team.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ideally a Man United B team would have to be in London for the fanbase.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here