Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premium bonds...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Thought I would buy £300 worth of PBs...so drew the money out of my bank account,filled in the form ,put the cash in the folder and took it to the Post Office,waited in the queue...only to be told that they will not accept cash for the transaction.
I asked how I could pay....Credit or Debit card only....... Two months earlier they accepted £500 cash and according to their web site they still accept cash....would've thought cash was the safest way....is money going out of fashion ?:mad:

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Its a lot quicker and really simply to buy them online

Have you got an online National savings account?
Truly the worst purchasing experience of my life, i can get a credit card with a £10,000 limit in no time or trouble at all.I can get my bank to loan me 4 times that on line but want to convert a bond holding that had been running for 8 years with multiple purchases and wins to an online managed account.Be prepared for a battle.They will give you a code that dont work,they will DEMAND a password of between 6-8 characters with at least one capital letter and one "special character"
AND THEN EXPECT YOU TO REMEMBER A PASSWORD SOMETHING LIKE Tdsu*Hg
Getting my online account to work has been harder than giving birth. AND I AM A BLOKE.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Thought I would buy £300 worth of PBs...so drew the money out of my bank account,filled in the form ,put the cash in the folder and took it to the Post Office,waited in the queue...only to be told that they will not accept cash for the transaction.
I asked how I could pay....Credit or Debit card only....... Two months earlier they accepted £500 cash and according to their web site they still accept cash....would've thought cash was the safest way....is money going out of fashion ?:mad:

Cash has not been acceptable to purchase Premium Bonds since April 1st of this year.

http://www.nsandi.com/changes-nsi-services-post-office

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Truly the worst purchasing experience of my life, i can get a credit card with a £10,000 limit in no time or trouble at all.I can get my bank to loan me 4 times that on line but want to convert a bond holding that had been running for 8 years with multiple purchases and wins to an online managed account.Be prepared for a battle.They will give you a code that dont work,they will DEMAND a password of between 6-8 characters with at least one capital letter and one "special character"
Getting my online account to work has been harder than giving birth. AND I AM A BLOKE.

Most Brighton fans use the same password which is easy to remember - IF*kin8Palace

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
My aunt won £100k and the another £2k the next week.

That is all.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Money laundering : no audit trail

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

It took me about 3 minutes to purchase some today. I set my online account up ages ago and can't remember any particular issues.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It took me about 3 minutes to purchase some today. I set my online account up ages ago and can't remember any particular issues.

Well something has changed, I had plans to sort out a whole load of Children's bonds that grandparents have been buying for the kids and then to buy some premium bonds. Absolutely impossible process. I have submitted forms online, only to be told this is not acceptable (don't ask why the form is online then), waited to be posted passwords, forms for completion, which I have duly returned and which have then been ignored, apparently because there was no need for me to fill in this form in the first place.

Net result, I can do without the premium bonds, especially as the tightwads have severely cut the prizes and once the kids are 21 I will hand them over all the paperwork and make then do something to earn their money. Good luck boys

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I use my online account quite a lot, I don't remember having any probs with it. It's not the best website, granted, navigating your way around is not particularly intuitive, but it's all there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here