Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where will Deutschland finish in Group G?

So?

• Winner

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • Runner up

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Third

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oh dear

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tough group this; but if you have designs on winning the tournament you have to beat whatever is put in front of you.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Second bottom hopefully (with Portugal below). Nothing personal, just practical in case we do make it out of Group D.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There is a hell of a lot of pressure and expectation on this crop of Germans. It will be interesting to see how they deal with it. So far they seem to acknowledge it and are rising to the challenge.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No one is biting on any of my posts tonight. Boooooo

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Think they'll win the group, but not the tournament. European teams haven't won in South/Latin America in the past, and I'm not convinced they're going to start now; Spain might, but I think they might be on the wane, as Xavi has less influence, and they get shown up for not having a great centre forward. Group G -- compared with E or H, for instance -- illustrates real problems with the seedings process. FIFA are just about the most corrupt institution in the world. And there's some competition on that front.

How about Argentina winning, with Leo (Ulloa that is, not Messi) bagging an extra-time winner after coming off the subs bench having earlier popped 30 past the opposition in the Championship, earning him a late surprise call up, causing Aguero to be left out?

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I think they will finish top, but not with maximum points. In a few of the recent tournaments, Germany seem to have had a hiccup somewhere during the group stage and they are in the sort of group where that could definitely happen again. I think Portugal will qualify as runners-up, just ahead of the US of A.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Ganz oben.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here