Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Bridcutt's Premier Aim with Albion

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Liam Bridcutt has told Albion fans not to worry about transfer speculation distracting him as he aims to back to full speed for the second half of the season.
The reigning player of the season told seagulls.co.uk “I’m a Brighton player and I’m going to give my all for the club.
“It’s natural if any player is doing well they are always going to get interest from other clubs, but as a player, all I want is to be performing at my best.
“My focus is solely on getting back in the team and trying to do the best I can for Brighton.”
Questioned by the media as to whether his aim is to play in the Premier League, the midfleder added, “It’s no secret. I’ve always said that I want to be a Premier League player, and there would be not better feeling than if I could do it with Brighton.
“Who knows what the future holds? If at some stage there’s an opportunity for me to do it with another club then of course it would be hard for any player to turn that down
“But at the moment, that’s not on the agenda; it hasn’t happened. I will focus on performing as well as I can for Brighton, and if there’s interest from other clubs, then it means you’re doing something right on the pitch. That is part and parcel of football.”
Having just returned, following a lengthy lay-off, the influential midfielder admits his time away from first-team action was a challenge – but hopes his injury woes are in the past.
“I feel fit, strong and am ready for games now, but when I was out, mentally, it was one of the toughest things I’ve had to deal with.
“Since I’ve been at the club I’ve played nearly game and trained every day so to have an injury that stops that was difficult.
“I’ve had great help from the medical staff but I knew it was only a matter of time until you pick up injuries, hopefully this is my one done and dusted now.
“I’ve been working hard in training but nothing compares to playing games. Tuesday’s game was a tough game to come in to, but I felt good.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here