Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where will you be watching the opening World Cup game against Italy....?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
... from behind the sofa/the back of my hands, as I used to watch Doctor Who, but all this presupposes that I actually care about how England do, which I don't. There loose.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
On tv in my living room........why?

Just wondered if the pubs will stay open for it, and if they do, whether they'll be as packed out as usual for a World Cup game against decent opposition. I remember watching the Rugby World Cup Final in the pub when England won it, it was on about 7am and the place was packed to the rafters.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Probably at mine or a mate's house, WORLD CUP PARTY!

Depends if any pubs will be open I guess, which I imagine there probably will be.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I shan't bother.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'll be ****ed if I'm going to stay up till 4am to watch a meaningless football match, I'll just check the score in the morning.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Get up at 2am on a Sunday to watch us spend 90+ minutes not scoring against Italy, followed by hours of complaining that it was too humid?

No thanks.

Jimmy Grimble

Get up at 2am on a Sunday to watch us spend 90+ minutes not scoring against Italy, followed by hours of complaining that it was too humid?

No thanks.

Alternatively - drink yourself into oblivion, watch England lose, fall asleep without remembering anything?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Not sure I'll bother watching a bunch of decidedly average Englishmen huff, puff and sweat in the jungle to inevitably get a spawny draw or lose to Italy. South Africa 2010 was a watershed moment for me regarding the national team, not paid them much attention since and I can't imagine I will again. Also the WC these days is just one big dirty corrupt FIFA gravy train pandering to their corporate sponsors, I don't feel any connection to it whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here