[Official Site] Women: Tottenham Hotspur v Albion

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
waine-l229-1195960_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
14:42 6th December 2013
by James Hilsum
I would love to go through to the next stage of the competition and have a good cup run."
John Donoghue
Albion women face Tottenham this Sunday in a winner-takes-all Premier League Cup match.

John Donoghue’s side need a win at the weekend to progress into the knock-out stages of the competition, following a 5-4 win over Chesham and a 3-0 defeat to Gillingham, and they currently lie third in the group behind Spurs on goal difference.
The women's head coach told seagulls.co.uk, “Tottenham have come up with some good results this season and always seem to score. I’m expecting a good defensive test for the players.
“I would love to go through to the next stage of the competition and have a good cup run, so let's hope we are as focussed as last week going into the game.”
The Seagulls are expected to name a similar squad to the one that faced Gillingham last week, but Cally Beaumont will be back in contention following a hamstring injury while Sophie Bridson could be called up as cover for goalkeeper Charlotte Sole.
The game is the first of three fixtures ahead of Christmas for Albion, with Portsmouth visiting next week followed by another away match at Charlton on December 22.
The Tottenham match gets underway at Ware FC, kick-off 2pm.
Next three fixtures:

15th December Portsmouth (H)League
22nd December Charlton Athletic (A)League
5th January Cardiff City (A)League

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here