Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus to tempt Bridcutt away?

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
He has been linked with a move in the January transfer window to Sunderland where Gus Poyet, the manager who signed him for Brighton, is in charge.

Bridcutt has made 145 appearances for the club and win his first cap for Scotland in March.

"Without a doubt I've always said I want to be a Premier League player," the 24-year-old told BBC Sussex.

"It would be even better if I can do it with Brighton, but if there is an opportunity for me to do it with another club I think it is going to be hard for me to turn it down."

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
A bit of a non story really. All ifs and maybes. If he goes, well we should be able to get a good fee for him (esp in january) and the emergence of Ince has been a bonus.

I'm not as concerned about Bridcutt as I was in previous windows. Ulloa on the other hand.....

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Cheers Liam. Still, can't blame him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Couldn't be clearer, if Sunderland make an offer that Bloom accepts he'll be off the way things stand. Be interesting come January if we are well placed and Sunderland are propping up the Premier League though. Does he take the pay hike for a few months and go to a club who may be in the Championship next season or stay at the Albion and gamble on helping us to go up????

There is no guarantee that Liam will flourish in a Garcia team either,

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
A bit of a non story really. All ifs and maybes. If he goes, well we should be able to get a good fee for him (esp in january) and the emergence of Ince has been a bonus.

I'm not as concerned about Bridcutt as I was in previous windows. Ullo on the other hand.....

Will wish him well when he does leave and he has been great for us, but we have a ready-made replacement for him already so that money can go on strengthening at the back and maybe bringing in another striker in Jan. Will hopefully get between £4 million and £6 million.

Ulloa would be far, far, far more difficult to replace. If we took less than £6 million for him I'd be feeling pretty glum.

Dec 29, 2011
Let him go in the summer as he'll only have a year left on his contract. Getting rid in January could upset our performances for the rest of the season.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
£3m-£5m and I'd take it. Awesome player, can't keep holding him back.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I know he has been out for a whilem, but after watching him Tuesday put in an average performance, I'm not sure he would cope at a higher level.

He is very good playing the Poyet way, but that's not going to help him against world class attacking midfielders.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Let him go in the summer as he'll only have a year left on his contract. Getting rid in January could upset our performances for the rest of the season.

Waiting till the summer could wipe £2m off his value

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd hope Liam could do better than Sunderland, they face a massive task to get out of the trouble they're in.

I would have thought WBA, Swansea, Everton, Villa, Southampton, Newcastle must all be keeping tabs on him, and he'd fit into all their teams I would think.

Dec 29, 2011
Waiting till the summer could wipe £2m off his value

While giving us a better chance of reaching the Premier League and getting £120m. Even if he increases our chances of promotion by 5%, it's worth the risk. He's the best holding midfielder in the Championship and was a large part of why we conceded the least goals in the league last season.

Remind me how many games he has played this season

2 or 3, why is that relevant?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here