Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newhaven harbour flooded tracks

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
No trains for the foreseeable future . Could be up to 3 days . Not confirmed as yet.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
And no replacement buses apparently due to flooding. If you live in Seaford stay at home. Plenty of trains from and to Lewes though.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It drains pretty quickly around there. I can't see it being a problem for long.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It's proper flooded from the pics I've seen. It seems buses are starting to run though. Train broken down at Preston Park to add to the fun.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I thought you were looking for songs to sing along to while Newhaven sinks into the channel.

I was going to suggest " bridge over troubled water" or "old Noah he built a boat" but I won't now.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
SouthernRailUK ‏@SouthernRailUK 19m
A replacement BUS service will operate between Lewes and Seaford in both direction

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 07.46.45.png

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Friday 6th December

Southern services to and from Seaford and Brighton are subject to alterations and short notice cancellations. This is owing to the line being flooded overnight at Newhaven Harbour. At this present moment the line between Lewes and Seaford is CLOSED until further notice

Brighton and Hove Buses Routes 12, 12A & 12X are accepting Southern rail tickets via any reasonable route between Newhaven/Seaford and Brighton/Eastbourne

Also, an earlier train fire in the Preston Park area may cause some disruption between Preston Pk, Hove and Brighton. For further information please visit www.nationalrail.co.uk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I thought you were looking for songs to sing along to while Newhaven sinks into the channel.

I was going to suggest " bridge over troubled water" or "old Noah he built a boat" but I won't now.

I would still rather live in a flooded Newhaven than live in Essex!!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Does this mean Southern trains don't work underwater? Given how much season tickets cost it's the LEAST we can expect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here