Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The text"ellis" Campaign <MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND GET INVOLVED>

textellis

Dec 1, 2013
As a Leicester City supporter, I hope you all don't mind me joining your forum, but there is good reason!

My son suffers from a rare chromosome disorder called MECP2 Duplication Syndrome, which affects many aspects of his development. Recently a breakthrough has been made in research and a cure is now a possibility!

Due to how rare his condition is, there is no funding available from the government, so we are having to raise the money ourselves. As his Daddy, I'm not prepared to sit and do nothing to fight for my little boys future!

This season, along with 2 of Ellis' uncles, I will be cycling to every Leicester City away fixture, promoting a text code and number. Anyone will be able to donate to our cause by simply texting MECP77 followed by £1, £2, £3, £5 or £10 to 70070.

We have recently completed the first nine away games of the season, racking up around 1100 miles with visits to Middlesbrough, Derby, Charlton, Blackpool, Yeovil, Doncaster, Watford, Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday. Immediately after the 75 mile ride to Sheffield on Tuesday night, I headed straight home ready to set off from the King Power Stadium on Wednesday morning for the long 170 mile trip to Brighton for Saturdays game.

We are aiming to arrive on Friday evening as it is Ellis' birthday on Saturday, so the whole family are driving down for the weekend. Brighton as a club have been fantastic and have invited us onto the pitch before the game to talk about the campaign.

More information on the challenge and my sons condition can be found at http://www.textellis.com or you can visit my JustGiving page http://www.justgiving.com/textellis. I really hope that some of you would like to donate to the campaign, even if it is just £1 EVERY little helps!

You can follow our progress on Twitter @textellis or "Like" us on Facebook www.facebook.com/textellis

We may support different teams, but sometimes things are that little bit more important in life and I hope we can join together and make the Brighton leg of my journey a real success!

Richard

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Puts football in a perspective and makes you realize that there is more to life than a 2 -0 win or loss. Hope you manage to raise the funds Oh and also lose the match

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Good on you. Really admirable, especially considering the weather. Good luck with this, I'll be contributing.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Re: The text"ellis" Campaign

Ellis is a fantastic name. Called my second son Ellis and will obviously be supporting this. All the very best.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Just donated. Happy birthday to Ellis and best of luck with reaching your target. Safe journey on that bike

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Donation made, and will whack on another quid for every goal scored Saturday.

Brilliant effort, hope you smash your target. I hope Ellis enjoys his birthday at the Amex!

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The text"ellis" Campaign

Done. I wish you all the best. Take care on the way to the Amex.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 3, 2012
Hope your team loses the match, but hope you win big in every other way. Good Luck.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'll donate via just giving after the game. £5 to start, plus £5 for every Albion goal. I hope it's expensive for me.

Best of luck to you, and I hope Ellis has a great birthday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here