Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flood warnings for 2 Sussex Coastal areas

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The tides are mighty big at the moment, could be nasty but I think that we will be ok down here, not so sure about the East coast though.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Can't see it for inner Shoreham, Westerly wind is blowing tidal waters down the river & back out to sea
High tide 00.30am

Regards
Michael Fish

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Kent is going to cop it.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Boston in Lincolnshire is already flooded, with water coming through the sea defences.

D

Deleted member 22389

First floods at those new apartments in Newhaven as well. I bet that wasn't in the brochure when these people bought them.
Not trying to be big headed, but it flooded there before long before those flats where built, so I knew it would eventually happen again one day.
I know it is too be expected with really high tides and a combination of bad weather, but didn't the developers investigate this before building them so close to the harbour edge because If I owned one of those flats I would be pretty pissed off.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
River Adur burst its banks and flooded Waterside Inn amongst other properties

I think we did get quite lucky though, if the river had burst its banks near the airport the damage would have been immense.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Shoreham airport was flooded.

1482837_10151765423980770_478094736_n[1].jpg

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
River Adur burst its banks and flooded Waterside Inn amongst other properties

So you're the guy who when he didn't know the answer to the exam question copied the guy at the next table who had written the wrong answer....?
The waterside inn ground floor untouched only the cellar is flooded (as the article says!) the cellar is off the garden which is lower than the top of the riverbank.
The fireman has the name of the road wrong, it is in lower beach road, ferry road is higher up across the crossroad and untouched. The water trickled up 10 yards up an old slipway into the pub garden only and properties either side of the Waterside Inn are untouched

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here