Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would move to the south stand to create a "singing section"?

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I thought the South was getting louder. I wouldn't move to be honest. I would rather the people sitting in the north stand who don't sing move or join in and at least show some passion. When I say north I mean around my section. Which is block N1H

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I thought the South was getting louder. I wouldn't move to be honest. I would rather the people sitting in the north stand who don't sing move or join in and at least show some passion. When I say north I mean around my section. Which is block N1H

Same in parts of N1F now, totally different to last season. Its just died.

That said, i wont move as ive got the best seat in the ground.

JordanBHA

May 1, 2013
I don't think it's fair to make people move but the people that do want to sing need to sit together and perhaps more people would join in if a decent enough atmosphere was created

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I remember Richard Hebbard saying at the season ticket presentations just before the Amex opened that the club were hoping that the 'singing section' would congregate on West Stand Upper (South End) with the intention of 'intimidating' the away fans located below them in the South stand. Obviously that did not materialise!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I was in N1H for a couple of games and found myself having to refrain from my usual vocal responses at a football match because of the number of young children and couples in their 50s and 60s close by who wouldn't have liked to hear what is normally coming out of my potty mouth.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Have said this for ages now, I sit there every game and great banter can be had with the away fans, has potential for a great atmosphere !!

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I was in N1H for a couple of games and found myself having to refrain from my usual vocal responses at a football match because of the number of young children and couples in their 50s and 60s close by who wouldn't have liked to hear what is normally coming out of my potty mouth.

I completey understand and now I have your predicament, there is a lot of kids around and older couples which is frustrating as I do get some weird looks. I sing a lot but not many people get involved. Only if there is a really good pass to the wing which will be clapped.

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
Could this happen??
Would you move??
:albion2:

I sit in N1D area and would consider a move (3 of us) if it meant getting a better atmosphere going in the south as its dwindling slightly around us. It is still a good atmosphere at present but there has been a noticeable drop in decibels this season.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I would move but it needs to club to put ALL of the south stand on sale and move whatever comps they have in the area elsewhere before anything can happen. (Also needs the clubs wishes which almost certainly won't be forthcoming)

And when I say move i mean that for home games I do attend I would sit there before the usual monks jump on this post.

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I remember Richard Hebbard saying at the season ticket presentations just before the Amex opened that the club were hoping that the 'singing section' would congregate on West Stand Upper (South End) with the intention of 'intimidating' the away fans located below them in the South stand. Obviously that did not materialise!!

At the presentation I went to they said they didn't want a singing section, they wanted the whole ground to sing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here