Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bit windy here

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Working on the third floor of a modernish building in Bradford centre and its swaying like a good 'un. Apparently on the 5th floor it's quite fun, glad I'm not atop a tall building tho'.

What's it like where you are?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Little bit of windy-pops, making the temp seem worse than it is. Still, given all the weather warnings, I'm sure the countries rail network will shutdown any minute for safety reasons.

It's already blown over the bloke that does the signals at Gatwick (I'm assuming it's a person that does them rather than anything automated, the line grinds to a halt whenever he has a tea-break, which seems quite frequent).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
A stiff breeze in BN20

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
i did fear for the conservatory roof a while back ,although it has calmed down a bit now , it is still very windy . A colleague of mine who lives in Scunthorpe has had a phone call from the flood warning agency , telling him to be prepared !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
i did fear for the conservatory roof a while back ,although it has calmed down a bit now , it is still very windy . A colleague of mine who lives in Scunthorpe has had a phone call from the flood warning agency , telling him to be prepared !

Grimsby and Cleethorpes have been put on alert too , funnily enough they tested the sirens on Tuesday morning.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Inside shell of 3rd floor roof extension in Sw2 and blinkin' glad I was up the scaff yesterday doing the external pipe runs, not today. Fair howling up here.

Dusty_Fryer

May 12, 2009
Port Stanley
In Peacehaven, I am very much enjoying watching the three recycling boxes racing each other down the road like tortoises with prosthetic shells. But faster!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Very windy where I live.

Nasty accident at the end of my road, a tree has literally flattened a car travelling along the A40 between Llanwenarth and Glangrwyney. The driver and his baby have walked (and crawled) away unscathed, although his pants might need chucking.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Yet more leaves in my garden from next door's trees.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Flood sirens just gone off in Grimsby :ohmy:
EnvAgencyAnglian ‏@EnvAgencyAnglia 8m
Flood warning issued for tidal flooding in Central Grimsby http://ow.ly/rtak6 #floodwater
NE Lincs Council ‏@NELincs 9m
Flood warnings for #Cleethorpes and #Grimsby. Updates here on what to do now http://ow.ly/rtZ4C
wapaa ‏@purpleraain 4m
The weather is so bad the whole of Grimsby just heard sirens like WW2 saying floor warning everyone go indoors WHAT THE HELL!!!
BBC Radio Humberside ‏@RadioHumberside 2m
TRAVEL: Trains are now suspended between Barnetby and Grimsby.
Katharine ‏@KatharineCheour 59s
@BBCNews flood sirens sounding in Grimsby
BBC Radio Humberside ‏@RadioHumberside 49s
NEWS: Humberside Police advising people who live in Grimsby & Cleethorpes, close to River Humber, to consider evacuation of their property.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Flood sirens just gone off in Grimsby :ohmy:
EnvAgencyAnglian ‏@EnvAgencyAnglia 8m
Flood warning issued for tidal flooding in Central Grimsby http://ow.ly/rtak6 #floodwater
NE Lincs Council ‏@NELincs 9m
Flood warnings for #Cleethorpes and #Grimsby. Updates here on what to do now http://ow.ly/rtZ4C
wapaa ‏@purpleraain 4m
The weather is so bad the whole of Grimsby just heard sirens like WW2 saying floor warning everyone go indoors WHAT THE HELL!!!
BBC Radio Humberside ‏@RadioHumberside 2m
TRAVEL: Trains are now suspended between Barnetby and Grimsby.
Katharine ‏@KatharineCheour 59s
@BBCNews flood sirens sounding in Grimsby
BBC Radio Humberside ‏@RadioHumberside 49s
NEWS: Humberside Police advising people who live in Grimsby & Cleethorpes, close to River Humber, to consider evacuation of their property.
Have you been down for a look Bob?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Have you been down for a look Bob?

Have I **** :lol: A tidal surge is expected between 5pm and 6pm , the locals are saying it could be 1953 all over again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here