Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keith Andrews?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Was he dropped on Tuesday night or injured?

If dropped we might as well send him back to Bolton when everyone is fully fit and save on his wages - no better than we already have

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Lets be honest, both he and Orlandi looked very rusty against Bournemouth so perhaps Oscar felt it was too soon for both of them. It's not just a case of return from injury it's a case of returning to full match fitness.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Actually been slightly disappointed with Andrews since he arrived. Not that he has been bad. Just expected him to be more influential than he has been.

With Bridcutt, Ince, Forster-Caskey, Crofts, Lopez, Agustien and Orlandi all able to play in a midfield three I wouldn't be too bothered to see his loan cut short. Have no idea when it runs to though or what his wages are.

Would probably assess the situation post January when we know who has come in and who has left.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Actually been slightly disappointed with Andrews since he arrived. Not that he has been bad. Just expected him to be more influential than he has been.

With Bridcutt, Ince, Forster-Caskey, Crofts, Lopez, Agustien and Orlandi all able to play in a midfield three I wouldn't be too bothered to see his loan cut short. Have no idea when it runs to though or what his wages are.

Would probably assess the situation post January when we know who has come in and who has left.

I agree with this, but can we curtail his loan agreement in January? Might Bolton want to end it if they decide that Freedman is no longer for them?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Was he dropped on Tuesday night or injured?

If dropped we might as well send him back to Bolton when everyone is fully fit and save on his wa.ges - no better than we already have

Irrespective of whether he was dropped or injured l'm inclined to agree with you. With all of our injured midfield contingent out of the treatment room now (Orlandi apart), l can't see a place for him in the squad.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I agree with this, but can we curtail his loan agreement in January? Might Bolton want to end it if they decide that Freedman is no longer for them?

As I understand it, rather like Dean Hammond last season, Andrews is with us on a season long loan. Whether Freedman stays or goes is irrelevent. There is no recall clause.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

I would as well. Far more experienced, will make better decisions and use the ball better. Nothing against Ince, thought he was really good at Wigan and Bournemouth but he's a young lad with a lot to learn.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would as well. Far more experienced, will make better decisions and use the ball better. Nothing against Ince, thought he was really good at Wigan and Bournemouth but he's a young lad with a lot to learn.

My thoughts exactly

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd play Ince. He won't get better without experience, and we lacked his rampaging mobility the other night. Andrews is the master of the neat sideways pass, and i think we have enough of that already really. I don't think we're on for a promotion challenge, so let's get points when we need them and have youngsters like Ince get a chance to come through.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I'd play Ince. He won't get better without experience, and we lacked his rampaging mobility the other night. Andrews is the master of the neat sideways pass, and i think we have enough of that already really. I don't think we're on for a promotion challenge, so let's get points when we need them and have youngsters like Ince get a chance to come through.

Spot on! - Give Ince a chance rather than a 'has been' Bolton veteran midfielder going no-where

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm not anti-Ince, would actually like to see him play as he's quite exciting to watch. I think it's wrong to just dismiss Andrews as a has been, sideways passer though. We need some more nouse. Our youngsters are a bit naive at times. We need players who know when to kill a move by fouling a player and all the little basics like that (saying that Crofts should never have let Melis into the box Tuesday night!). It's also way to soon to be writing this season off and saying blood the kids. We've got some very good senior pros and I can't imagine they'd be too happy or stick around for long if we we just threw in the towel now!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here