Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farrow and Ball

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Been using it for years. Brilliant stuff. Must be NSC's paint of choice.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Do you have Bozza's permission to run this ad?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I prefer magnolia

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
More likely Bozza will be facing legal action from the replies that I was expecting.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Only if you want to take out a 2nd mortgage just to paint your house!

I use Albany, I did get a tester of F&B just to see what it was like and it is bloody good stuff if you can afford it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Every professional decorator I've spoken to says it's the worst paint in the world to use.

Nice colours though.

I've heard this. Been told best paints are the trade versions of the well known paint manufacturers, all of which can be colour matched to any company's colour chart.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I've heard this. Been told best paints are the trade versions of the well known paint manufacturers, all of which can be colour matched to any company's colour chart.

Trade paints all the way, discovered this from a friend in the business, costs a bit more, but they go further.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Do you have Bozza's permission to run this ad?

Am I right in believing you look like Norris from Coronation Street? I hope Bozza doesn't mind the naming, and hence promotion, of said Soap.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Been using it for years. Brilliant stuff. Must be NSC's paint of choice.

Chez tinycowboy each room is fully Farrowed and Balled in true Elle Decoration house feature style.

nice.jpg

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Excellent to see this post. I've just come back from a meeting with a client, and was discussing this very subject today.
My thoughts on it are, it's finish is nice, but it's not as good or reliable as people are led to believe.
If you do want to use it then I've found the 'Modern Emulsion' as its called, to be be the best in the range.
The exterior woodwork paint just doesn't last as long as it should in areas of high use like around door handles, locks etc.
I've gone back to jobs a year or so after completing work, to do additional jobs, and the f&b has worn (not chipped) each time.
The emulsion really doesn't cover very well in comparison to other similarily priced brands.
I've even come across a client who said that a F&B rep told them the lack of opacity is to allow the wall to 'breathe'. - I believe they were confused with limewash??
I would recommend Little Greene paint instead if you are after a prestige paint. It's emulsion is like an improved Dulux vinyl matt.
Little Greene also is a heretige range, that also includes 50s , 60s & 70s colours.
( just to state, I don't have any commercial attachment to any of these products, and that these are just my personal feelings about these).

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Chez tinycowboy each room is fully Farrowed and Balled in true Elle Decoration house feature style.

View attachment 49306

Weren't you the Northern Irish hitman in Kill List? Would need to paint the walls often, I guess. Like yourself we do not have any other paint in or out of the house. Our last house was in Elle Decoration but not only because of the paint.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Excellent to see this post. I've just come back from a meeting with a client, and was discussing this very subject today.
My thoughts on it are, it's finish is nice, but it's not as good or reliable as people are led to believe.
If you do want to use it then I've found the 'Modern Emulsion' as its called, to be be the best in the range.
The exterior woodwork paint just doesn't last as long as it should in areas of high use like around door handles, locks etc.
I've gone back to jobs a year or so after completing work, to do additional jobs, and the f&b has worn (not chipped) each time.
The emulsion really doesn't cover very well in comparison to other similarily priced brands.
I've even come across a client who said that a F&B rep told them the lack of opacity is to allow the wall to 'breathe'. - I believe they were confused with limewash??
I would recommend Little Greene paint instead if you are after a prestige paint. It's emulsion is like an improved Dulux vinyl matt.
Little Greene also is a heretige range, that also includes 50s , 60s & 70s colours.
( just to state, I don't have any commercial attachment to any of these products, and that these are just my personal feelings about these).

I must say I have not used Little Greene but have always meant to. Do they do other colours? Very popular in Boundary Road reclaimed furniture shops, I hear. Have used F&B on my Beach Hut doors and a water based gloss is a joy to use. It has lasted as well as the Albany spirit based Hove beach hut paint and has not faded as much. Maybe it does need more coats than a trade paint , hence the professionals preference to use a less opaque paint.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Everyone should be using Newlife Paints, Sussex based company and a high quality reprocessed recycled paint!

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
I must say I have not used Little Greene but have always meant to. Do they do other colours? Very popular in Boundary Road reclaimed furniture shops, I hear. Have used F&B on my Beach Hut doors and a water based gloss is a joy to use. It has lasted as well as the Albany spirit based Hove beach hut paint and has not faded as much. Maybe it does need more coats than a trade paint , hence the professionals preference to use a less opaque paint.

Hi Knocky1.
Yes they do more than just those decade colours.
Brewers do Little Greene and they normally have their colour chart to take away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here