Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kemy has got himself fit

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I have just read in the Argus that Kemy has worked hard in recent weeks to lose weight and generally become fitter for action. Whilst this is obviously praiseworthy, and I genuinely hope that he can help the team and at the same time have personal fulfilment, I was somewhat surprised and a little disappointed to read this. He, as with any other Championship player, is paid very well to keep up a standard of fitness so that he can slot into the team when needed. Of course, if he wasn't playing at Swansea, then this would understandably have been de-motivating, and tempting to train not so hard, but that is not really the point. He says he has lost weight, which is good, but surely that weight should never have been there to lose! I am not talking about the period after the last recent injury, but really the whole time he has been here.
I know that I am an old'un and you may think that I am being very old-fashioned, but I just think that if you take the dosh and want the status and adulation, then with that comes the responsibility.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I bet the reporter was overweight.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It's very easy to say 'oh, he should never have put it on in the first place', but i'd expect that if you are doing a job where you are keeping fit every day, should the situation arise whereby you're not able to do it for any period of time then there would be some sort of knock-on effect and you would lose fitness and eventually put on some weight.
I doubt he shovelled on 5 stone whilst being out, but when you're an athlete then i would presume any weight gain would be more noticeable.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hardly played in over a year so no real surprise to me if he ended up overweight. Sounds like he is determined to get back to fitness and play football again though. I was most impressed by his cameo on Tuesday. One of the very few encouraging things about the game for me.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It's very easy to say 'oh, he should never have put it on in the first place', but i'd expect that if you are doing a job where you are keeping fit every day, should the situation arise whereby you're not able to do it for any period of time then there would be some sort of knock-on effect and you would lose fitness and eventually put on some weight.
I doubt he shovelled on 5 stone whilst being out, but when you're an athlete then i would presume any weight gain would be more noticeable.

I understand fully what you are saying as he is afterall a normal person prone to feelings like the rest of us. However, surely the point is that he is not like the rest of us -he is a well paid athlete. Of course, you are right in that if you are not playing, then the risk is that with lack of intensity you would put some weight on, but in this case, it is surely one of degree? No one claims he has shovelled 5 stone, by the way!! This has been clearly going on for some time, even when not injured, and the difference in his weight was all too obvious on Tuesday night.

Jimmy Grimble

Showed glimpses of creativity on Tuesday that we are going to need. Really hope he can kick on.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just get him in instead of that useless Lopez bloke.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Hardly played in over a year so no real surprise to me if he ended up overweight. Sounds like he is determined to get back to fitness and play football again though. I was most impressed by his cameo on Tuesday. One of the very few encouraging things about the game for me.

I've always thought he'd come good if he shifted the weight. Before he got injured there were glimpses that made me believe he had a very good footballing mind and is a very good player. As soon as he came on the pitch on Tuesday I remarked that he looked a lot slimmer. He certainly looked a bit quicker as well, he's still clearly got the strength that is going to make him hard to knock off the ball. Hopefully he can kick on from there and become a real asset to the team.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I have just read in the Argus that Kemy has worked hard in recent weeks to lose weight and generally become fitter for action. Whilst this is obviously praiseworthy, and I genuinely hope that he can help the team and at the same time have personal fulfilment, I was somewhat surprised and a little disappointed to read this. He, as with any other Championship player, is paid very well to keep up a standard of fitness so that he can slot into the team when needed. Of course, if he wasn't playing at Swansea, then this would understandably have been de-motivating, and tempting to train not so hard, but that is not really the point. He says he has lost weight, which is good, but surely that weight should never have been there to lose! I am not talking about the period after the last recent injury, but really the whole time he has been here.
I know that I am an old'un and you may think that I am being very old-fashioned, but I just think that if you take the dosh and want the status and adulation, then with that comes the responsibility.

Funny you should say you're being old fashioned, cos plenty of fashioned footballers were fat *******s/unfit compared to Kemy.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
I'd play Ince instead of him with Bridcutt.

Personally think he looks average, no better or worse than that. Would rather be encouraging young Ince to prosper than a journeyman footballer who is not going to ever amount to more than that.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

Personally think he looks average, no better or worse than that. Would rather be encouraging young Ince to prosper than a journeyman footballer who is not going to ever amount to more than that.

:fishing:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

No better yet but one thing on his side is he rarely looks for the simple ball. If this can click then some of his attempted balls are going to create goalscoring situations. Potentially he is a key player for us. Looks the sort of player that if gets in the grove first 15 mins than can absolutely boss the game. Hasnt happened yet but Tuesday was the first time he's impressed me trying a few things that no one else had the balls to do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here