Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train Alert

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

07:33 started at HH and the next Victoria. Most others delayed from PP to London. HB&B on location at Preston Park Station.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Noticing trains these days are very rarely on time as in to the minute (rush hour trains) , Southern used to have a resonable % doing this and it was just FCC that seemed to always consistently be 3 + mins later than stated.

Now it seems Southern are the same, rush hour trains seem to consistantly arrive between 3 and 10 mins late every day.

Any train bods on here ? That isnt a late train to them is it ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Noticing trains these days are very rarely on time as in to the minute (rush hour trains) , Southern used to have a resonable % doing this and it was just FCC that seemed to always consistently be 3 + mins later than stated.

Now it seems Southern are the same, rush hour trains seem to consistantly arrive between 3 and 10 mins late every day.

Any train bods on here ? That isnt a late train to them is it ?

Yep that.

And no it isnt late according to them.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Points at Gatwick got a bit chilly and wouldn't clip or detect properly so P4 and P5 which is the usual place for Southbound trains couldn't be accessed.

A queue of three brighton trains (one gatex and two FCC) coudlnt' be shifted in to P1/2/3. Trains behind these three were in a position to use 1/2/3 but both FGW and Gatex services usually use these to terminate/go through so routing southbound services through them means less northbound movement.

Services were started at haywards heath to maintain service once the minor issue was sorted.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Points at Gatwick got a bit chilly and wouldn't clip or detect properly so P4 and P5 which is the usual place for Southbound trains couldn't be accessed.

A queue of three brighton trains (one gatex and two FCC) coudlnt' be shifted in to P1/2/3. Trains behind these three were in a position to use 1/2/3 but both FGW and Gatex services usually use these to terminate/go through so routing southbound services through them means less northbound movement.

Services were started at haywards heath to maintain service once the minor issue was sorted.

Was 7 degrees earlier. Understandable that things started to wobble.

Suprised anyone is even attempting to get to work in this weather

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Rail temperature is always more extreme than normal temperature. May well have been 7 degrees outside, the rail temp may have been below freezing. Similar if its very hot outside, the rail temp will always be much, much hotter than the air temperature - it hit over 60 degrees this Summer !!

Train alert this evening too, half hour delays across the Southern and FCC networks due to poor rail conditions - snowing leaves outside because of the wind.

EDIT - also disruption due to an incident at Balham.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

They'd probably have been alright if some local idiot had allowed them to carry out works out of hours !

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

They'd probably have been alright if some local idiot had allowed them to carry out works out of hours !

The "getting chilly" bit was a bit tongue in cheek. I don't know why the specific points failed. I'd assume that the temperature would have something to do with it. But i'm front line staff, not engineering so have no actual idea. I just got an alert saying we had a points failure, then we had a response team on site, then the points were clipping properly and train detection had resumed so possibly something with the circuits?

I don't really know.

It was resolved much faster than the track circuit failure a couple of weeks ago at Hassocks or the deer under last weekend. I'll ask a driver next time - not that they get updates. They just follow coloured lights. (they do more but they do'nt get issued Blackberrys to get service updates) EDIT: I mean i'll ask a driver because they know about track and signalling issues than my self - not a snide sarcastic dig for wanting to know why the system failed you this morning!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here