Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd Test: Australia v England at Adelaide

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Starts in just over two hours time.

England (possible) 1 Alastair Cook (capt), 2 Michael Carberry, 3 Joe Root, 4 Kevin Pietersen, 5 Ian Bell, 6 Gary Ballance, 7 Matt Prior (wk), 8 Stuart Broad, 9 Tim Bresnan, 10 Graeme Swann, 11 James Anderson.

Batsman friendly track. Those top 5 need to make big runs.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm free to watch this one tonight.

So it will be dreadful.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The coverage seems to be a little subdued this time round.

Yes, we got thumped. Were, we've lost a key member, but we should be snarling and determined to make our mark on the tour this time around.

I'm tired, but I'll give the first session a go.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Round two. In bed under my quilt with laptop on the sideboard waiting to kick their sorry butts :)

Come on England.

Just hoping this wont be a painful viewing.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Off topic, full view of a Horsham Albion flag on BBC News at 10. Someone from here I'm guessing!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Sounds like

1.Cook
2.Carberry
3.Root
4.Pietersen
5.Bell
6.Stokes
7.Prior
8.Broad
9.Swann
10.Anderson
11.Panesar

Big risk picking Stokes would have been tempted to go in with Bresnan if fit.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Sounds like

1.Cook
2.Carberry
3.Root
4.Pietersen
5.Bell
6.Stokes
7.Prior
8.Broad
9.Swann
10.Anderson
11.Panesar

Be delighted with that if it's right. Aggressive selection to go with the extra bowler and two spinners on a track most think will produce a draw. And I think stokes is a very promising cricketer and actually a very good batsman even if you ignore his bowling option. In the Watson/Flintoff mould. Still think bell is more equipped to bat at 3 than Root though

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Can't believe Root at 3 (Shirley it will be Bell) otherwise looks like our best lineup to win as opposed to draw.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm going to display a severe lack of attention here and ask who Ben Stokes is?

I could easily Google him, I know, but I'd like to hear NSC's wisdom on this selection please.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can't believe we are going with 2 spinners ? Shirley it has to be Bresnan for Tremlett, Monty is not a devastating enough spinner and does not know which end of a bat to hold ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can't believe we are going with 2 spinners ? Shirley it has to be Bresnan for Tremlett, Monty is not a devastating enough spinner and does not know which end of a bat to hold ?

Very much this.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sounds like

1.Cook
2.Carberry
3.Root
4.Pietersen
5.Bell
6.Stokes
7.Prior
8.Broad
9.Swann
10.Anderson
11.Panesar

Yep !.... once the Aussies get the door open I can see Root-Pietersen-Bell-Stokes-Prior being a collapso. Not optimistic here at all but I hope I am proved wrong..

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Could be a bit stop start today as showers seem the order of the day. Aussies are so over confident, they are sure that they will win this 5 nil and are now back to where they were 10 years ago.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

To be honest, I'd worry about other ten batsmen's runs long before Monty's contribution became a concern.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Dry drop-in pitch according to Cricinfo so nothing for the seamers they reckon....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here