Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuala Lumpur - Help and advice

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Hi all,

I've been offered a new job in the Far East and KL is looking my preferred destination. I'm travelling over at the end of next week to visit to view property and get a feel for my potential new city and life!

If theres any Seagulls in KL or anyone who goes regular that can advise me or knows of any expats out there that wouldn't mind hooking up for a beer then please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why don't you PM seagull_in_malaysia as he lives there?

He doesn't really any more - he's at uni in Southampton, but that's where he's from and his family live just outside KL. And very nice it is too, I can say having stayed with his family for a while. Great city KL.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
My best advice is leave it 6 month's and see if we get to Dreamland and then go. Apparently you have the best mate you have ever had. He wants the best for you, but doesn't want to see you go. But if you did, and he were to buy a flight, would you put him up and send him out selling?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I lived in KL for three years. It's a great place. Would happily live there or Penang again. Food is amazing and you can live a higher standard of living than you otherwise be used to in the UK.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
As Bozza has mentioned I do not live in Malaysia right now, but if you have any specific questions then message me and I'll try to help (or get you in touch with SIM senior).

As others have said though, if you are moving there on a UK salary then you'll be able to afford a very comfortable lifestyle.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Thanks for the help and assistance.

Don't suppose anyone knows the tax rate currently if I work for a british company.

Basically the company are putting together an expat package...

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
A mate at work is from Malaysia, he reckons if you're western you've got an unbelievable chance with the local ladies! Like I said to you earlier, take the opportunity with both hands mate, Brighton will always be home so you can always go back if you are unhappy.

but you've got to do it while you're still young enough to enjoy your freedom pal. Also, if you get lonely, and @bhafc4eva is keen, we'll have a lads holiday over there next year me old china.

Tax rates found here - looks like it will be cheaper than UK for you mate

http://savemoney.my/malaysia-person...13-rates-exemptions-rebates-reliefs-and-more/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here