Loan/financial advice needed.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Ill just give a few basics :

Mortgage paid off
Trying to sell a flat so money will hopefully come in within the year
I have low paid job and business we have is breaking even but expected to make profits next year. Need about £10,000 to get by until flat is sold but struggling to get a loan and shortest mortgage is 5 years ! What's the best option ? I presume its loan against the properties ? I'm no good with money and there must be somebody who knows on here . Thanks in advance.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm by no means an expert, but loan maybe the best bet, especially if they allow early repayment for no/low penalty.

Failing that and depending on your circumstances, my credit card company (MBNA) keep offering me 0% on money transfer (i.e charges goes on credit card, but cash in your bank) for 12 months, and a one off 4.5% charge, which would be extremely attractive to me if I was in that situation.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Try Lloyds they have a low limit on mortgages. Most have a £ 25k minimum.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Don't be concerned about 5 year shortest mortgage time, you may think you need it for 12 months but this COULD turn out to be 18m or 24m.
You can early settle before the 5 year term is up whenever you feel comfortable & any redemption fee would be worth paying given the peace of mind & flexibility the 5 year term provided you.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Mortgage paid off
I have low paid job and business we have is breaking even but expected to make profits next year. Need about £10,000 to get by until flat is sold but struggling to get a loan and shortest mortgage is 5 years ! What's the best option ? I presume its loan against the properties ? I'm no good with money and there must be somebody who knows on here . Thanks in advance.

A massive contradiction, by modern standards. Don't be so hard on yourself.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Failing that and depending on your circumstances, my credit card company (MBNA) keep offering me 0% on money transfer (i.e charges goes on credit card, but cash in your bank) for 12 months, and a one off 4.5% charge, which would be extremely attractive to me if I was in that situation.

Was going to suggest the same,

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Invest in PIPEX

PM Beach Hut for all the details.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Mortgage paid off

Now I'm no financial expert, but wouldn't a mortgage offer you excellent value?

With a small mortgage secured against a paid for property, you're probably going to get a great deal, maybe even around 1.5%. Get one with a low fee, and you could stick it straight into a savings account, some of which return 2% or so, or fill up your ISA allocation, then draw from that when you need it.

Seems a cheap way of keeping a load of capital handy.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Here's my serious, considered financial advice: don't ask for financial advice on a football forum.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here