Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supernatural Albion abilities

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I blame myself for the Barnsley goal - I didn't go to the game last night so got in from work, turned the radio on to listen to it and a minute later Barnsley scored their first. No idea why but I always think it's my fault when that happens so I switched off the radio and checked it a bit later and same thing happened. I left it well alone after that and we scored. It's not the first time it's happened either.

And away games - I haven't seen us win since Millwall away in August last year and I've been to at least a dozen away games since then. I went to Donny a month back and missed all 4 goals and we won that only after I had left when Donny equalised. That can't just be the luck of the draw, surely.

The Russell Slade Great Escape - I played a huge part in that. After seeing defeat after defeat after defeat, I took a Reading supporting mate up on his offer to go see them instead of us one Saturday. The Reading game was rubbish but Brighton won for the first time in ages. I reckoned it was because I didn't watch the match so I didn't risk going to a single match for the rest of the season after that. We stayed up. Co-incidence? I think not.

My youngest son has this gift too except he can create a goal for Brighton - when we used to sit in the Family Stand at Withdean, whenever my youngest decided to go to the loo, we'd score. Happened at least half a dozen times (probably).

Does anyone else have supernatural Albion abilities?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Whenever we are losing at half-time in an evening match, I switch off the radio and put it out of my mind until the next morning. Whereby I check on teletext and see that we made a great comeback. Yesterday it didn't work.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Whenever we are losing at half-time in an evening match, I switch off the radio and put it out of my mind until the next morning. Whereby I check on teletext and see we made a great comeback. Yesterday it didn't work.

It doesn't work very often, does it?

When did we last win an evening game, that we had been losing at half time? 2008?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It doesn't work very often, does it?

When did we last win an evening game, that we had been losing at half time? 2008?

I like a challenge. It looks like it was when we beat Leicester City 3-2 in October 2008.

Someone (I forget whom), had a supernatural ability that night, buggering off at half-time from Withdean, coming on here ranting at how shit we are, and vowing never to go again. It worked a treat, evidently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here