Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is your energy bill?

Firefly

GTAV NSC Crew
Apr 8, 2010
Just received my first Eon bill for my new home – its £700! :eek:
Gas (£600) and Electricity (£100) Three months Aug, Sept and Oct. Is this normal for a 3 bed semi, cooking and heating gas.
Is this what prices are these days or am I being more ripped off than the normal rip off?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
for this mild autumn, thats not right. turn your thermostat down.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
£30/month direct debit with nPower

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
My electricity bill for the last 2 months was $1450 which is equal to around 1000 pounds and I have solar hot water!

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Live in a spacious new build 2 bed apartment and gas is £23 a month and electric £33 a month. Both accounts however are over £100 in credit so only really paying about £15 gas and £25 electric. Im not too worried about the increases at the moment. Thermostat is set to 21oC this winter and only gas hob electric oven. Benefit of new build is the insulation is fantastic.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Just received my first Eon bill for my new home – its £700! :eek:
Gas (£600) and Electricity (£100) Three months Aug, Sept and Oct. Is this normal for a 3 bed semi, cooking and heating gas.
Is this what prices are these days or am I being more ripped off than the normal rip off?

1 Check what tariff they have put you on.
2 If you have online access check out your energy saver information.

For comparison I have a large 4 bedroom detached house, which is less efficient than their sample for the area. I am currently paying £201 a month, which is probably a little high right now, to compensate for initial payments, which were too low. My average monthly elec usage is 475 KwH and for gas it is 1833 KwH. I blame two teenage sons and a dog for this (I just need to work out on this occasion, why the dog is to blame).

I bought one of these of Amazon

41IJ30zYC1L._SY450_.jpg

which helped me to pinpoint that I am losing a lot of heat through the Westerly facing front wall. I am looking to put in cavity wall insulation in the new year to address this.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dread to think.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Before I moved last year, we lived in a 2 bed mid terrace house, built in 87 with warm air heating (brilliant). Cost was £76 for both with EON. After moving last summer to a 3 bed mid terrace (built in 55) with gas central heating, they put it up to £90 for both, which stayed until June when I got told I owed £685!! So they had to put up my monthly bill to £202 a month!

I guess it was my fault as I had the thermostat up too high with the heating on constantly from Feb to end of April. So I looked into it more and realised I can check online what the bills are and then from June I made sure we were good with our usage.

The bill for June, July and August was £170! Much better! They've now asked me to fill in the meter readings online so that i can find out how much this Autumn has cost me, again I've tried to be frugal, so I'm hoping they'll put down my monthly cost as it's too much!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Generally pay £250 per quarter electricity and £120 per quarter Gas. Live in a 1930's 3 bed end of terrace with insulated loft and cavity wall insulation.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm paying £118 a month for gas and electric , the bad news is the fixed rate deal I'm on runs out at the end of March.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I pay around £60pm dd for gas and electric through Scottish power. One bed flat built in the 60's. We built up some credit over the summer to help us through this winter, we turned our heating off in April and it went back on early November.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
we turned our heating off in April and it went back on early November.

We used to do that too but moving up north has meant turning the central heating off in mid May and putting it back on late September.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
That is crazy money.

I am very mean with electricity and gas and thought that my bill for electricity and gas was high at a combined £240 for August, Sept and Oct. This was down from £290 for the corresponding period last year.

This was due to me putting on storage heaters in the first week in November rather than first week in October. How many people live in your house?

£700 is a rip off, are you sure it;s just for those three months.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Large 2 bed period flat (not exactly well insulated) costs me around £850 per year for gas & electricity combined & I'd say we are relatively heavy users (dehumidifier & electric oven used a lot). I'm pretty mean with the central heating though (she can put another jumper on!) and cooking a lot means the oven heats the flat rather nicely!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here