Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The teddy bear goal celebration - next at the AMEX......

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I saw New York Rangers fans chuck hundreds of caps onto the ice at the MSG when a player scored a hat-trick, and I think most clubs do similar. I believe they are scooped up and given to local charities.

Love the teddy bears though.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Next at the Amex?

You've got to be kidding - any of the players get hit by anything as dangerous as a soft toy and they'll be out injured for months and the League would make us play behind locked doors!!!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Or somebody put's a brick or something into the bear...

Murry

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
Well you dont really sing so it might be idea. Or how about those clappy things again?

CheeseRolls

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I was toying with this idea, but decided that organising a flash mob at the Amex would somehow be more edgy and out there.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Next at the Amex?

You've got to be kidding - any of the players get hit by anything as dangerous as a soft toy and they'll be out injured for months and the League would make us play behind locked doors!!!

We'd also need to score :shrug:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
How long would it take to clear 28,000 teddy bears from the field of play?

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
How long would it take to clear 28,000 teddy bears from the field of play?

Not as long as it would take to arrest 28,000 fans for throwing objects on to the playing area :lolol:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Would get banned at the Amex quicker than you can say Paddington

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
A few years back I attended a 'teddy toss' game in British Columbia. Its a traditional pre Christmas 'thing' many fans do. The object is to see which cities team can get the most teddies onto the ice. 26'000 is good effort! They are all found good homes afterwards I'm told.

Like the AMEX, Ice hockey also has 'themed games'. (I think its a naff idea for football). I once attended a game that was deemed "family night". Lots of good wholesome family type stuff on show - Like grown men beating the crap out of each other on the ice periodically. Also, as is tradition, they play ridiculous music during every stoppage in play. I suspect I was the only one who picked up on the irony of Garry Glitter's 'leader of the gang' being played repetitively on 'family night'!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not sure I could throw a teddy bear onto the pitch from row V of WSU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here