Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

has the spanish love in run its course...???

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
don't get me wrong , OG is obviously a manager with enormous potential and a fine pedigree , i am in no way disrespecting him , he is not out on the pitch.

my theory is that players such as bruno and lopez may have the attitude that we made the play offs last year , we are watched at home by 20 k + every game ,all we have to do is run out on the pitch and 3 points will be ours.............i am flumoxed as to how we lose at home to the bottom club in the league ....seems to me there is a problem with commitment/application........maybe time to off-load lopez and bruno , inigo is a class player and all round nice guy andi'm obviously not going to diss Len but the other two seem to be resting on their laurels so it could be time to say ....adios....:bigwave:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So not the Spanish love, just Bruno and Lopez?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
LOL

I actually thought Bruno wasn't the worse player on the pitch last night, but yes, dave certainly hasn't been the player he was last year. There was this rumour that Oscar didn't rate him and that is why we waited so long for him to be signed. Maybe Oscar was right!

Btw. I heard a rumour that mackail smith wouldn't be fit till February at the earliest...anyone else here this?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
At full strength, right back is our weakest position in the side. Keep Calderon as back up given his versatility, and bring in somebody to start week in week out.

Lopez has been extremely poor this season, god knows why. Still, we're 3 points off the play offs with 5 of our 6 best players (IMO) having missed the majority of the season thus far.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Dump Bruno certainly, SD i'm not sure about, he did look awful most of the time but then his corners were good (I'm assuming he took the one Upson scored from or was he off by then?) and a couple (just a couple mind) of good long balls during the game.

BTW, to me you avatar looks like a man with breasts - is it your favourite ladyboy? (no offense meant)

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Btw. I heard a rumour that mackail smith wouldn't be fit till February at the earliest...anyone else here this?

I first heard he would be back around September, next it was around December and now the date just keeps changing. I think we just have to wait until he appears on the team sheet to get any real news.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
don't get me wrong , OG is obviously a manager with enormous potential and a fine pedigree , i am in no way disrespecting him , he is not out on the pitch.

my theory is that players such as bruno and lopez may have the attitude that we made the play offs last year , we are watched at home by 20 k + every game ,all we have to do is run out on the pitch and 3 points will be ours.............i am flumoxed as to how we lose at home to the bottom club in the league ....seems to me there is a problem with commitment/application........maybe time to off-load lopez and bruno , inigo is a class player and all round nice guy andi'm obviously not going to diss Len but the other two seem to be resting on their laurels so it could be time to say ....adios....:bigwave:

I personally don't see Bruno as a player who sits on his laurels... Dave well that's a different matter but then imho he's always played better with Orlandi the side.. whether that happens again remains to be seen
Re losing to the bottom side.. look at last night's results and over the wknd.. Leicester losing at SW.. QPR losing at Doncaster.. Watford losing 3/0 at home to Yeovil.. no match is a given.. But also I maybe we aren't as good as some say we are

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Spanish Dave irritated the **** out of me lsat night - he was lazy, pedestrian and uncommitted. Get rid.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I wasn't at the game last night but it's clear that yes, singling out certain players solely because of their nationality is absolutely the right way forward. Brilliant.

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
i am flumoxed as to how we lose at home to the bottom club in the league

The 2nd bottom club beat the top club last night. It's the Championship, that's what happens.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I first heard he would be back around September, next it was around December and now the date just keeps changing. I think we just have to wait until he appears on the team sheet to get any real news.

Doesn't really matter if we will never play 2 up front.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Bruno and Lopez have been below par all season....I can't see a reason why OG keeps on selecting them

Calde isnt great at RB either and Dave - well we havent had much choice with Orlandi, Buckley and Lua Lua injured.

Since they should all be fit for Saturday, Dave should be dropped.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Leicester and Blackpool had shock defeats last night. Peterborough beat last year's Championship winners home AND away yet got relegated. The Championship is a fabulous division where anyone can beat anyone regardless of league positions, but some people are still shocked by shock results, which aren't actually that shocking as they happen virtually every weekend.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I have never thought that Lopez was all that good, but if he is terrible why blame him? It's not his fault he isn't very good at football, rather the manager that picks him every week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here