Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Squad numbers

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did anyone else notice one of the Barnsley players had number 50 on his back

What the hell.......do teams have ginormous squads these days or do they not reset the numbers back to 1-11 at the beginning of the season?

:ohmy:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I may be wrong, but I think he chose the number 50 out of Irony, something to do with his surname..............

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Did anyone else notice one of the Barnsley players had number 50 on his back

What the hell.......do teams have ginormous squads these days or do they not reset the numbers back to 1-11 at the beginning of the season?

:ohmy:

We had 30, 38 and 44 ourselves.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think on some occasions the players will request specific numbers. I quite like seeing a 1-11 lineup but it's very rare these days (apart from internationals).

Serie A has some bonkers numbers - 60's, 80's in places for some players.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Didn't zammo always want 25?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I think we need to add symbols to ours

BP4Yhi-CAAAig_d.jpg

Invicta

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Can't read our's this season so not an issue what numbers we have !

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Squad numbers are just a ploy brought in by shit footballers so fans could no longer abuse their positional sense by the number on their shirt. In the good old days, if you saw say number 3 on the right wing, you knew something was awry.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I was saying the same at the game last night.. How can you take a club seriously who have a player with the number 50!?

Then we lost so I kept quiet.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Squad numbers are just a ploy brought in by shit footballers so fans could no longer abuse their positional sense by the number on their shirt. In the good old days, if you saw say number 3 on the right wing, you knew something was awry.

Give over. They're a ploy by clubs to sell shirts with names and numbers on the back.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Would be interesting to know what the highest squad number in the English leagues is.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Bendtner wore 52 in his last spell at Arsenal before he went out on loan to whoever, think it had something to do with him thinking he was twice the player he was the season before (he was previously 26).

Or, it had something to do with him doubling his wages. I don't really remember, but he's a tit either way.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Would be interesting to know what the highest squad number in the English leagues is.

Szceszny wore #53 when he broke through at Arsenal, but Abdul Razak has worn #62 for Man City which must be the record. #50 is the current highest I think, not including players not involved. Arsenal number all their youth teamers so they've got higher numbered players but MEH to that.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Technically didn't we have a number 99 when we were at Withdean although the reality was it a guy who had paid to be an official member of the squad but I don't think he ever actually got a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here