Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Corners

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Hardly surprising when Lopez talkes the majority of them, he must have a less than 50% ratio of getting it over the first man.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Didn't we score from one last night?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
To be fair, we scored from one last night and the deliveries from Dave were very good, and dangerous.

One thing I noticed is that Greer runs first for EVERY corner, without ever getting near to it. No wonder he doesn't pop up with many goals.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be fair, we scored from one last night and the deliveries from Dave were very good, and dangerous.

One thing I noticed is that Greer runs first for EVERY corner, without ever getting near to it. No wonder he doesn't pop up with many goals.

Are you sure that isn't DELIBERATE? He's in theory, the obvious threat - i.e. the big centre half. Stands to reason they'll assign their best defender to mark him. Greer makes an early run, away from the designated area, and removes said defender from the equation.

Then we cross it onto the head of the first defender... :jester:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I mentioned this last night that our centre backs should be contributing nearly 10 goals between them over the course of the season.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Overall over the season so far our set pieces have been SHIT.

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Corners statistically aren't great for goals. Apparently less than 2% of corners result in a goal.

This is why teams such as Spain take them short. The chance of retaining possession from a short corner should be 100% whilst a "good" corner would be 50%.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oh, would you look at that…

27: GOOAALL!! Ince, from Orlandi's corner, clips the ball with his left foot past Neal into the corner. #PVFC 0 #BHAFC 1

43: GOOAALL!! March with a cheeky first-time lob with his right foot from Orlandi corner, from position wide on the right. #PVFC 1 #BHAFC 2

Who'da thunk it? :dunce:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 3, 2012
Oh, would you look at that…

27: GOOAALL!! Ince, from Orlandi's corner, clips the ball with his left foot past Neal into the corner. #PVFC 0 #BHAFC 1

43: GOOAALL!! March with a cheeky first-time lob with his right foot from Orlandi corner, from position wide on the right. #PVFC 1 #BHAFC 2

Who'da thunk it? :dunce:

And both from Orlandi Corners. I felt a couple of weeks ago (Reading?) that the standard of dead ball delivery rocketed when he came on as substitute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here