Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes (and others!) play into the hands of critics!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Whilst generally have been satisfied with his performances, bearing in mind that he isn't really a target man, thought last night he let himself down. Control was too often poor and when Butland had the ball at his feet he very rarely put him under pressure and when he did, it was half hearted! His shot in the second half when the ball broke to him on the left and his left footed shot (he is left footed isn't he?) not only failed to trouble Butland but also the side netting!!!! Would still have preferred to have seen him and Lita on the pitch for the last few minutes.

As for Lopez, he was once again very disappointing, a shadow of the player we saw in the 2nd half of last season and I suspect his pitch time will considerably reduce once the injury list reduces more!!!

Thought Conway had one of his best games and was unlucky with the shot in the first half however don't think he is better than Buckley or KLL so is it worth extending his loan? The only possible reasons would be if we are offloading either Buckley or KLL in the window or, based on the law of averages, neither of those two players are likely to remain fit for long enough!!!

JFC was a bit anonymous so no surprise he went off but would still persevere with him. Agustien came on and did well and Barnes should have done better from his cross.

Calde once again unlucky to be dropped for Bruno.

As others have said, the two goals stemmed from the fact no one put in a decent tackle and the fact they had someone ready to try and take the ball past someone rather than always looking to try and pass it around them.

And of course, why can't we play from the start, the way we played when we went two down!

To sum up, so bloody frustrating!!!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Have to agree with most of that.

I'll freely admit I'm one of the Barnes critics, yes, his performance was pretty damn poor last night but my god, David Lopez, take a bow son, you made Barnes look like Pele, quite an achievement.

Defence was poor all round, Bruno and Greer especially.

As for Garcia, what was he thinking?... So many dubious decisions.

Bright spots, I thought Conway had a fairly decent game but like you said, not really as good as LuaLua or last seasons Will Buckley, I actually thought Agustein was MOM.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
(he is left footed isn't he?)

I'm pretty sure he is right footed because He takes his penaltys with his right foot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here