Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket renewal next season?

Do you plan to renew?

• Total voters

Speaking to someone on Monday night and he said all of the people he knows who are season ticket holders at the Amex are thinking of packing it in next season,regardless of what happens on the field. Is the 4th season in the new stadium a watershed for support,i think i recall Huddersfield support dipping around the same period,anyone else getting similar vibes????

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If we continue to play as negatively as we did last night, especially at home, I may not bother either next season. Last night must have rated a 0 on the excitement scale. An absolutely appalling display.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No feck em

I am packing it all in and going to support Huddersfield

Until Saturday of course

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will not be renewing.

D

Deleted member 22389

Is this for real? I'm renewing whatever, as long as I can afford it. I have supported Brighton all my life.
I do reckon we will be about 8,000 season tickets down next season, that will effect our playing budget so nobody can moan when we struggle to stay in the Championship.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This was not so much about who is not renewing more about the 4th season syndrome,does it exist? And if so what is the cause?

Barber has eroded the majority of supporter goodwill and made the match-day experience more cumbersome and expensive. There is nothing left to carry fans through any on-field dips so it stands to reason that if we struggle on the pitch people will pack it in.

Barber has eroded the majority of supporter goodwill and made the match-day experience more cumbersome and expensive. There is nothing left to carry fans through any on-field dips so it stands to reason that if we struggle on the pitch people will pack it in.

I would not call us struggling TBH the point was people are thinking of packing it in regardless of how we are playing,i spent many years enjoying the struggle at the Goldstone because i was a fan,now i'm a customer i'll think about every penny i pay in the future.I understand people will possibly not renew for many different reasons.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would not call us struggling TBH the point was people are thinking of packing it in regardless of how we are playing,i spent many years enjoying the struggle at the Goldstone because i was a fan,now i'm a customer i'll think about every penny i pay in the future.I understand people will possibly not renew for many different reasons.

I see where you are coming from but for a lot of our supporters all they know is the AMEX and an upward trajectory. There is also the Barber effect which they did not have at the start. I just think a dip in on-field fortunes will see a lot of these people start to question the ticket prices, all the crappy little add-ons, the expensive food which takes ages to purchase, and the hassle of getting to and from the ground.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Wether I renew is still dependant on price. If there is a hike then I would serouisly consider cancelling

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath

15,000 supporters in 30k stadium. At least it will be easier for people to get home. I might be able to take two seats and stretch out.
i did last night the guy next to me has only sat in his seat for half a game and now sits with his mates in a spare seat.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I will be renewing but I must admit i do go home frustrated from most games with the way we have played. There haven't been loads of really exciting games at the Amex and I can see plenty of fair weather supporters losing interest if it carrys on. Fair weather or not I'd rather have them in the ground so I hope we can turn a corner. I'd like to hear more from the manager chairman etc about what we are going to do, plans etc

Bearing in mind how close we got last year the stadium the training ground plans the attendance we get, I think we really should have kicked on again this season and gone for it.

Hamilton

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yeah I'm giving up. Barnsley was the last straw. We can't sink lower than that! I'm not putting up with more. It's Crawley for me next year!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I see where you are coming from but for a lot of our supporters all they know is the AMEX and an upward trajectory. There is also the Barber effect which they did not have at the start. I just think a dip in on-field fortunes will see a lot of these people start to question the ticket prices, all the crappy little add-ons, the expensive food which takes ages to purchase, and the hassle of getting to and from the ground.
i was upset when our community club awarded The catering contract to large contractors who are not fans. I won't go on because I have ranted about this before. Visit the ice rink at the Pavillion and try our ex caters who have built a Cafe and bar which is open to the public for the next ten weeks. Brilliant roasts or just a drink. Well done Hardings caters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here