Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Positives from last night?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Trying to be an optimist here.

Bridcutt got 90 mins under his belt and after a poor start did start to show signs of being the player we all know he is as the game went on.

Agustien seems to have lost some weight and has the vision to play killer balls, even if they are still not quite working.

Conway looked like a half decent player.

Ummm struggling now, have I missed anything :down:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Also hoping that Ince was only "rested" because of a slight knock and Oscar not wanting to overplay such a young player by giving him three games in just over a week. I'll be disappointed if he's not back on Saturday.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
There was just enough ovaltine in the pot for me to have a cup when I got home.

Oh, and hearing "you're not fit to referee."

Can't think of any others.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We often follow up are most abject mid-week performances with a very good one on Saturday!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ince had a nice rest in preparation for Saturday. Ulloa is another day closer to fitness. Barnsley need the 3 points more than us......etc

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The chicken and ham pie was lovely.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It can't get any fecking worse

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I won 2 bets, Upson to score and Barnsley to win, £34 up, thank you very much. although would have be happier to have lost that bet?. Just always have a feeling when we are going to lose and this was one game that had all the traits of a loss, us on a good run, Barnsley bad defeat, no manager, my mum (RIP), used to say that 'Brighton were predicable with their unpredictability' if you know what I mean.

Other positives are that JFC, Lopez and Barnes, should now be rested for Ince, Buckley and maybe Leo if fit, then think we have a good team, unfortunately those 3 are only squad players in my view. My mate has a view on Barnes, which is hard to argue with, he is awful after he does something good, like his goal last week and only plays well, when he has a point to prove. He was so lazy last night (or tired), as he did not seem interested at all, although he was not alone.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I had a very pleasant couple of hours in The Swan pre match. That was positive- went downhill after that. Even the trains back seemed to take forever.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Maybe Oscar will decide to start without Lopez, Jake and Bruno based on last night. Nothing against any of them but on current form I wouldn't be putting them in the starting 11 against Leicester City. At least that seems obvious in advance.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I watched Sammy and Gully play-fighting outside the stadium before that game. That was amusing and surreal in equal measure. Gully was deco up for a bit of mischief-making last night, the cheeky seaside scamp.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here