Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garcia's style of play

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Can someone explain it to me please because I'm not seeing it.
I don't see a consistent style.
I don't see a strategy.
We don't press high up.
We dont interchange.
We don't play off a target man.
We don't play progressive triangles in the final 3rd.
We don't play with any real pace, mainly due to our current fit front players having none and the managers apparent blind spot for Lita. Which is why flipping Barnsley were able to play a high line for 80 minutes and strangle our midfield.

I don't see what this guy is trying to do. My worry is that what he's doing might work in a top flight league with better players but is destined to crash and burn with mainly championship level players.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It's amazing what a defeat does. We had an off day get over it.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
It's amazing what a defeat does. We had an off day get over it.

We haven't played well this season get over that! Injuries have hampered us but some players well off form, off form players still being picked, passing shambolic at times and negative tactics , truth hurts.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Has he shown any kind of tactical nous whatsoever in his time here? The lack of any kind of identity, the lack of urgency in making subs when we are trailing, the general impression from the players that they don't know what they're meant to be doing.. it's all quite worrying. Then after the game today, he said he didn't need to have a go at the players afterwards because they were "disappointed". Are you taking the piss? That means it's time to stick a rocket up their arses and get them riled up to put it right for the fans on Saturday. That's what Poyet would've done, sorry to have to say it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
His style is 'touch and go'

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I hope we play like our half-time training soon. The touch of Orlandi and Ulloa and fit Buckley will help enormously, but i hope the pass and move stuff goes flambouyantly through the side without enormous delay. Scrapping for victories and relying on a usually sturdy backline doesn't make it a season to remember and makes for a fairly brief highlights package.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Whilst the OP may well be right, you have to give the guy a break. He has had one single season of management in an uncompetitive fourteen team league. He is by no means a complete manager and still has much to learn. He has now been thrown in the deep-end in the championship and is going to need a season or two get to grips with it. There are experienced options out there but TB wanted to go with Oscar, so now we must be patient with him.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I just wish more than anything that we'd stop treating the first 45 minutes as a warm up session.

Goals in the first half still count, you guys.

And as much as I admire Oscar's cool, calm and collected style, I simply cannot invision him handing out a proper old skool bollocking. Which is probably what we need at the moment.

Having said all that, I still think he's the right man for the job.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I hope we play like our half-time training soon. The touch of Orlandi and Ulloa and fit Buckley will help enormously, but i hope the pass and move stuff goes flambouyantly through the side without enormous delay. Scrapping for victories and relying on a usually sturdy backline doesn't make it a season to remember and makes for a fairly brief highlights package.

precisely 7.386 out of 7.942

good work A-

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
good grief

we are playing in a bonkers league ................. have you seen Watford's recent form?

Class, skill, guile and application are of marginal advantage in this division. It's a tear up, shits and giggles party of flashes of brilliance (step up Mr Barnes and JFC) and utter shit (step up one of the Watford defenders in their 3-0 defeat to Yeovil). Just enjoy it, it's entertaining.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Both, to be honest. We owe him the season at least.

Well, yes, I think we owe him more than a season!, unless he turns out to be complete bobbins. For one thing, he needs to be able to sign his own players and build his own team before we can truly judge. But I'm in the 'hope' he's the right man for the job camp because there is little evidence to go on to 'know' he's the right guy

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Has he shown any kind of tactical nous whatsoever in his time here? The lack of any kind of identity, the lack of urgency in making subs when we are trailing, the general impression from the players that they don't know what they're meant to be doing.. it's all quite worrying. Then after the game today, he said he didn't need to have a go at the players afterwards because they were "disappointed". Are you taking the piss? That means it's time to stick a rocket up their arses and get them riled up to put it right for the fans on Saturday. That's what Poyet would've done, sorry to have to say it.
Do you stalk your old girlfriends? you really need to get over Poyet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here