Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is Butland at Barnsley??

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Jack Butland was fantastic tonight.

This is a guy who was in the England squad at the last euros. He was also team GBs keeper at the Olympics.

Stoke signed him in the summer because they thought they were going to lose Begovic but Barnsley!!!! This guy should be going to the World Cup !!!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Great saves, but some of his kicking was appalling.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
He's a good shot stopper but the rest of his game isn't up to Premier League level - yet. That is why he is third choice at Stoke.

He's still what, only 20 odd, so at least another 10 years until he peaks. Great bit of business on the part of Barnsley to get him in and he earned them a point tonight.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I thought Butland looked class last night and made a couple of cracking saves.

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
He is a class act and a reminder of how the Premier League fails to support the British contingent...won't be long before Mr Hart (because he's worth it) is playing in the lower leagues...watch this space!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He is a class act and a reminder of how the Premier League fails to support the British contingent...won't be long before Mr Hart (because he's worth it) is playing in the lower leagues...watch this space!

Stoke play quite a few British players, so it's not something you can aim at them.

Would you like it if tk was dropped for a untested English keeper?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I thought he was brilliant. He commanded his area very well, made a couple of good saves. And I thought his kicking was very good.

But why not play for Barnsley? He is only a young keeper and will be tested a lot at Barnsley. I reckon he will be the England no 1 in a few years.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
He had a great game, fair play to him. I'd still have Koosh over him though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here