Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was it a mistake to play Bridcutt ?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Not a critisism of Liam had a better game than most - but the way we set out first half had nothing to drive us forward - really missed ince. Would like to see if we could play ince and Bridcutt together.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think I agree , JFC is developing but needs a spell on the bench a la Lopez. Ince does look like he can play a little further forward.

WhingForPresident

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I think I agree , JFC is developing but needs a spell on the bench a la Lopez. Ince does look like he can play a little further forward.

As I said when the teams were announced, why not give Ince a go at CM with Crofts in front of Bridcutt and see what he can do? At home against the managerless team at the bottom of the table and whilst we were unbeaten in four, tonight was a great chance to see what he could do further forward. Ho hum. Guess it's Ince back to the DS now Bridcutt is back then?

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
No, the mistake is selection around him. Full backs not bombing on this season, no pace out wide (Except when Buckley came on). No creativity in midfield and 1 very isolated striker on his own versus bottom of the league with no away win all season!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think what the team is missing is a Gordon Smith-type player, someone to play just behind two strikers. Neither Ince nor Bridcutt is that kind of player.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
What we have found out tonight is that LB and JFC do not appear to be able to play in the same team

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
What the team was missing was a second striker to play alongside barnes ince to play with bridders and a manager who is tactically aware and takes a chance against a managerless side. Too cautious, too shit!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Thought he was poor today and why was he going so hard into tackles fully lunging into them!?!?

To make up for the pain of being nutmeg fed by Matt Ritchie on Saturday.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I thought he had a reasonable game....but over-rated and very predictable. Definite lack of flair.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
As I said when the teams were announced, why not give Ince a go at CM with Crofts in front of Bridcutt and see what he can do? At home against the managerless team at the bottom of the table and whilst we were unbeaten in four, tonight was a great chance to see what he could do further forward. Ho hum. Guess it's Ince back to the DS now Bridcutt is back then?

If so, this would be short-sighted in the extreme.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
We seemed to play Bridders in his customary deep position just in front of the back four even at 2 nil down. He needed to push forward to drive everyone forward. We should be more dynamic. Ince is dynamic.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I thought the same. Not match fit at all. Couldn't stand up and was sliding in for everything.

Coming back from a lengthy injury I'm surprised he started tonight after 45mins of football since August. So much for not rushing anyone back too fast :lol:

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Coming back from a lengthy injury I'm surprised he started tonight after 45mins of football since August. So much for not rushing anyone back too fast :lol:

Exactly. Shouldn't of played the hole game or maybe should of come on if we was in a different situation I.e not losing.
Needs to be nursed back in and get like 20-30 minutes to get him back up to speed and make sure he gets no knocks.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Maybe, after cramping up on saturday, Ince is being saved for our, on paper, tougher game against Leicester. I think we underestimated Barnsley tonight, and that was our main mistake

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
No, the mistake is selection around him. Full backs not bombing on this season, no pace out wide (Except when Buckley came on). No creativity in midfield and 1 very isolated striker on his own versus bottom of the league with no away win all season!!

Crazy thing is we have a pacey winger, Solly March, but OG won't play him even against the bottom team. I just think he may have torn them to threads.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I said in the match day thread that I think the team went out on the pitch thinking they had won before the game started. Just because they are bottom of the league does not mean they are gunna give up without a fight.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

I thought we had been nursing him back from injury? He had 30 mins against Blackburn, 25 mins against Wigan and then 45 mins against Bournemouth, I thought he was the pick of our central midfielders tonight even if he wasn't up to his normal standard yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here