Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand police box fans

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
Credit where credit's due, very good tonight. Nobody else seemed to want to try and create an atmosphere so good on them for having a go. No monotonous 'Tony Bloom's blue and white army' either. Good work tonight. Shame the team were shite.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Those listening on the radio actually thought the match was being played at Withdean :lol:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Can we finally pack in the 'we've got a great home atmosphere' nonsense then?

Jan 30, 2008
Credit where credit's due, very good tonight. Nobody else seemed to want to try and create an atmosphere so good on them for having a go. No monotonous 'Tony Bloom's blue and white army' either. Good work tonight. Shame the team were shite.
i heard AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALBION, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALBION on one occasion on the radio:rolleyes:
regards
DR

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London
Can we finally pack in the 'we've got a great home atmosphere' nonsense then?

To be fair, the Amex is louder than most other grounds in out league on a Saturday. Midweek games are always shit, it was dead tonight even at kick off. Nobody seemed up for it.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
To be fair, the Amex is louder than most other grounds in out league on a Saturday. Midweek games are always shit, it was dead tonight even at kick off. Nobody seemed up for it.

It`s because most have had a long day at work with an early start , hard to create an atmosphere when every one is knackered even though they do not realise it.

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London
It`s because most have had a long day at work with an early start , hard to create an atmosphere when every one is knackered even though they do not realise it.

Yeah I agree, and less people have been drinking, which makes a difference. But in the Goldstone days the evening games used to always seem to have better atmospheres. Maybe that's just because I was younger and I'm remembering it wrong.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Oh it's not the worst certainly. But it's nowhere near the best nor is it anything like as good as it could be.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Yeah I agree, and less people have been drinking, which makes a difference. But in the Goldstone days the evening games used to always seem to have better atmospheres. Maybe that's just because I was younger and I'm remembering it wrong.

You are right - evening games at the Goldstone had that someting extra which we are not getting at the Amex at the moment.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Let's be honest, the atmosphere has always been crap. Tonight was painful, and I'm under the police box.

Slightly embarrassed, even more so when you hear the noise emanating from Selhurst tonight.

We are tin pot.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
i heard AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALBION, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALBION on one occasion on the radio:rolleyes:
regards
DR

So you actually listened to the game on the radio. Let us know about the game and the evening when you get time.:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It helps the atmosphere when the team give us something to get excited about. The games was flat so the atmosphere was flat.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It helps the atmosphere when the team give us something to get excited about. The games was flat so the atmosphere was flat.

Palace manage to sing for 90 minutes when they're getting hammered in the premier league. It is absolutely no excuse if the team is performing badly. Should be even more incentive to make some noise and encourage them on.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

It helped at the Goldstone that we actually won a few midweek evening games.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
in fairness, and as much as it is fun to take the *iss out of them and the gimmicks they have, Selhurst had a much better atmosphere last night than we've had in the Amex for a very long time....Tinpot or not, I can only remember a tiny number of games when the Amex has really been properly buzzing and they were mainly in season 1. Last year and this year its frankly been quite soulless at times and unless we start winning and playing some exciting football, I can't see it changing much any time soon.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Let's be honest, the atmosphere has always been crap. Tonight was painful, and I'm under the police box.

Slightly embarrassed, even more so when you hear the noise emanating from Selhurst tonight.

We are tin pot.

It's not always been crap, but certainly has been for last year.

Fair play to small group who tried last night.

let's be honest, the atmosphere has always been crap. Tonight was painful, and i'm under the police box.

Slightly embarrassed, even more so when you hear the noise emanating from selhurst tonight.

We are tin pot.

i hear the sound of distant drums and they are getting nearer,not long now before the club opt for palace style support hoods and drums,the fat,bald real ale drinking 40+ option has failed big time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here