Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon v Bruno

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
I just don't get it. I just don't get why Bruno is the preferred choice. Calders adds a sense of urgency that Bruno doesn't and is much more threatening going forward.

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
I have to agree, he was awful tonight. Good in the first fifteen minutes and then seemed to completely lose it. He over-complicates things.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Completely agree. Too many misplaced passes and headers and always looks like he can' be bothered to track back. Really don't rate him compared to Calde

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I liked it when Lopez was playing right back. I thought we looked more fluid.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Nothing wrong with Bruno tonight. His class for the opening spell with us relying entirely on his neatness and weighted passes was the only thing of joy to watch. Bridcutt was largely off the pace and the area in which Barnsley waltzed through was tonight's problem. Feeble.

Feb 3, 2013
Garcia doesn't know what he's got, I know this is off topic but dace should be playing in the middle, not on the right, he's not fast enough, the reason he suddenly started playing well last season was because he played CM in front of bridcutt but behind Orlandi or sometimes Vicente

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bruno was class against Wigan. It made sense for home to be back in the team based on that performance.

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Nothing wrong with Bruno tonight. His class for the opening spell with us relying entirely on his neatness and weighted passes was the only thing of joy to watch. Bridcutt was largely off the pace and the area in which Barnsley waltzed through was tonight's problem. Feeble.

A small voice of reason in an otherwise predictable thread. Albion played poorly, the format was wrong, the team selection was wrong, the impetus wasn't there... so heres a thread moaning about one of those players it's currently en vogue to criticise. I guess someone will have also started a "Barnes is a traitor" thread as well. Bruno played a number of decent passes throughout the game - several down the line in the first half and one beauty that played Buckley in for a one on one in the second. I remember Greer being megged for the 2nd goal, Ward failing to get a tackle in for both and Upson looking clumsy throughout, plus JFC being totally anonymous. I remember Bruno wasting a long ball right at the death, as did Bridcutt, but other than that he was pretty solid. Both goals came from the opposite flank to his.... don't understand why he's getting in the neck this time????

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Garcia doesn't know what he's got, I know this is off topic but dace should be playing in the middle, not on the right, he's not fast enough, the reason he suddenly started playing well last season was because he played CM in front of bridcutt but behind Orlandi or sometimes Vicente

Correct.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I thought Bruno had a decent game as it goes, there were certainly 7 or 8 other who were worse

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I can understand the selection of Bruno, as despite being a total bottler he does have some skill and speed to his game that Calderon doesn't. I'd say it's a tough one to call, with neither of them being clearly better than the other.

The debate I would more like to see on here is Greer v El Abd, because the continued selection of Greer (and as captain as well) absolutely baffles me. He's almost given a goal away in each of our last three games with lazy passes across the pitch (and he also did it against Forest), yet he evades criticism. It's very nice having a defender who can spray 40-yard passes across the pitch, and to be fair to him I think his skills on the ball wouldn't look out of place in the EPL, but how about offering some good defending for a change?

He is definitely not defending well at times.
I hope it's a temporary glitch.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

I agree that he's a much better centre midfielder than a winger but I think it was actually when he started playing right back that we started seeing Lopez's performances improve. I would rather see him playing RB than on the wing. I hope Garcia gives it a go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here