Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "even though we were soft at the back to concede two, it's still Barnes' fault" thread

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Pretty sure he played a few balls over defenders and deep into the box or across to the wing too. They didn't come off but the idea was exactly what we needed imo. With a bit of game time the players may realise what he is going to do and run into the space. Looks basically a quality creative midfielder but is not going to arrive in the team and have a blinder having played so little in the last year. I would like to see him get a run in place of Lopez. Ince may get the nod but I hope Remy gets game time, in the next few weeks, to get up to speed,

He did, but for me he is a luxury player, who when you are in a fight is not the type of player you need. Since he has joined I have yet to see him chase back and win possession having lost it in the first place. He is a clever player, but looks and probably is lacking fitness.

Oscar got it badly wrong by taking Barnes off, to me I would rather go down 3-1 fighting for an equaliser, rather than 'settle' for a 2-1 defeat.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My substitutions would have been:

Buckley for JFC
Agustein for Lopez
Lita for Crofts

This would have by passed the midfield, which had produced nothing all evening except rely on Brfidcutt to defend the back four and support the attack at least Bridcutt could have given the ball to Augustein to feed both Buckley and Conway out wide and then either of those or Agustein also to cross to Lita and Barnes in the goal area

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Crofts was very ineffective and like Barnes doing nothing and not looking like scoring so I thought that being at home searching for an equalizer which was there to be taken by upping our game by 10%, he would have taken Crofts off and given Barnes some support by playig him and Lita together for at least 20 mins.

Possibly. But I would never have brought on Agustein. It was crying for 4-4-2 or sacrifice Greer or Upson and go with three at the back.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Conway was my MoM (i.e. he was least shite), so to take him off would have been even pottier than taking Barnes off. No point in having two forwards while taking away the width we desperately needed.

Don't agree - as we then had Agustien and Buckley to play balls in. We needed two up top. Conway played alright, nothing special. Agustien was comfortably more incisive when he came on. All IMO, of course.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Thoroughly deserved win by Barnsley tonight based on their first half performance, they outfought us and passed us off the pitch and looked well up for it. Beggars belief they are bottom of the league playing like that. Their number 42 Paddy McCourt was a class act.

As our number 38 might have been if he hadn't been pressing his shorts in the dugout. :down:. Oh well, I still love my club and if we can't take the downs we wouldn't feel so good about the ups. :smile:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Agustien was comfortably the best player on the pitch for us once he was on. Picked out 3 or 4 good balls, from what I remember. Could be wrong.
Glad someone saw it! Thought he looked very useful. Can't understand some of the ratings for him......... well i can its NSC

Ulloah up front with those types of balls played in, are going to lead to some exciting times.

Was hoping we would see Leo last night. Lets keep our fingers crossed for Saturday.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can't even score a hat-trick against the top of the table side. Pah.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Didnt even let anyone else take the penalty. So selfish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here