Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "even though we were soft at the back to concede two, it's still Barnes' fault" thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The "even though we were soft at the back to concede two, it's still Barnes' fault" thread

Burn him!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Where was his hat-trick tonight ?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
We were pretty soft at the back to concede two but it was still definitely Ashley Barnes fault we didn't get a point. Or win frankly. I wouldn't burn him though. That seems a bit extreme. I'd suggest just irrationally criticising him on an internet forum behind a keyboard.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He should have scored 3 from one chance, cured world hunger AND released a best-selling album tonight. Ineffective.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why when chasing a game we do not play two forwards is beyond me

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He should have scored 3 from one chance, cured world hunger AND released a best-selling album tonight. Ineffective.

Got his mind on other things such as delivering all those Christmas presents on his Barnes sleigh instead of putting the ball in the net against Barnslehhh

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Well one of the clowns behind me thought the first goal was his fault for not chasing down their keeper and it had nothing to do with the midfield going missing or the defence choosing to forget to tackle, no no no

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The "even though we were soft at the back to concede two, it's still Barnes' ...

How did Upson win Man of the Match? Oh yes, because he scored a goal.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Rediculous with 10 minutes to go 2-1 down and he takes. Off a forward and brings on lita.

Oscar was very weird tonight

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thoroughly deserved win by Barnsley tonight based on their first half performance, they outfought us and passed us off the pitch and looked well up for it. Beggars belief they are bottom of the league playing like that. Their number 42 Paddy McCourt was a class act.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The "even though we were soft at the back to concede two, it's still Barnes' ...

We're loose.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thoroughly deserved win by Barnsley tonight based on their first half performance, they outfought us and passed us off the pitch and looked well up for it. Beggars belief they are bottom of the league playing like that. Their number 42 Paddy McCourt was a class act.

Aye that he was

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Well one of the clowns behind me thought the first goal was his fault for not chasing down their keeper and it had nothing to do with the midfield going missing or the defence choosing to forget to tackle, no no no

Or kooooshack forgetting how to keep goal

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Barnes was woeful! His touch tonight, oh my goodness.

His miss at 2-1 was so poor I thought it must have taken a deflection. Then I saw the replay and I realised it was just not a striker's finish....or a professional footballer's finish for that matter. We won't see him fluke a goal like Saturday for a long time now. Please, please get rid in January.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Barnes is being asked to play a role he cannot play. I'm no fan of Barnes, but its very harsh to be too hard on him. I don't think he should be playing, but he is. Yes he was wasteful tonight at times, but thats how he is. He has been since he's been here IMO

I've not said a word against Oscar, but his starting eleven to me will help former form my opinion about him.

One major gripe (amongst many) I had with Poyet, was he COULD not play to his players strengths. Square pegs in round holes. Barnes is definitely a square peg in a round hole, in the job he is being asked to do at the moment.

I think its time for a shift in style from Oscar. Until our first choice strike force is back, time for two up top. Give someone to Barnes to play with. I don't think he's a player up to the standard we now need, far from it, but until the star strikers are back, if we are going to insist on playing him week in week out, at least give the poor little sod a fighting chance!!

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
When we saw Lita belatedly preparing to come on the speculation was either for Lopez or Conway. When Barnes went off we were stunned. If ever we needed two up front...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here