Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuszczak wants a contract or not ready to talk?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If he doesn't want to sign, he doesn't want to sign.

(I have no inside track on what's going on with him and contracts, but he'll be 32 in the Summer - if he does want another sniff at the Premier League then that will be his last chance)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He wants to see if we're heading up or not first, perhaps? I'm sure he'd rather stay with us if we made the Prem.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
How I read it is that if we don't get promotion then he'll of that's providing a prem doesn't come in for him.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I wonder if his agent has been approached, since September, with an offer from another club.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
If he doesn't want to sign, he doesn't want to sign.

(I have no inside track on what's going on with him and contracts, but he'll be 32 in the Summer - if he does want another sniff at the Premier League then that will be his last chance)

32 isn't old for a goalie. He could easily do a one year contract and still have a shot at getting back in the prem at 33.

Last edited:

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
As good as Koos is for us, I can't see a Prem team coming in for him and making him their number 1. So, I think this is more the start of a negotiating stance from him/his agent.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
On a good day I would read his comments as... "I'm happy playing football, I'll discuss and sign a new contract when the season's over and my football has been evaluated"

However, in a dark moment I can also interpret his comments as "if we don't get promoted then I'm off"

Please, please, please Santa. Can we have a new contract for TK for christmas?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He wants to see if we're heading up or not first, perhaps? I'm sure he'd rather stay with us if we made the Prem.

that is how I read it.

Seemly the watford fans were having a go at their defence the other day against yeovil and my watford supporting mate heard a rumour that they were lining up a bid in January for him. I think its bobbins, but you never know these days

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
As good as Koos is for us, I can't see a Prem team coming in for him and making him their number 1. So, I think this is more the start of a negotiating stance from him/his agent.

I would have said that from the September article. Today's is different.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
All these players out of contract at the end of the season is a massive worry. Teams will pay over and above in terms of wages if they don't have to pay a fee for the player and completely blow us out of the water ala bridge or Murray at the end of the season

I just cannot understand why we are waiting on contract talks for big players.....

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think it's pretty simple. We will either get promoted and he may stay or we won't and he will go. He wants to play premiership. he said in a previous programme he wanted to play in the Champions League, so no Prem next season, no Pole i reckon. If he goes, he'll go with most fans thanks and good wishes. As he says about his contract, now is not the time for anybody to worry about it. Lets get the job done and then see.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I think it's pretty simple. We will either get promoted and he may stay or we won't and he will go. He wants to play premiership. he said in a previous programme he wanted to play in the Champions League, so no Prem next season, no Pole i reckon. If he goes, he'll go with most fans thanks and good wishes. As he says about his contract, now is not the time for anybody to worry about it. Lets get the job done and then see.

Look, I know he's good - but Champions League!? I honestly can't see him being anything more than a second string keeper for a lower half of the premier league team. Surely, at his age he wants to be in the first team? I would be 150% surprised if he's not with us next season if we are in the Prem or not.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I don't really worry about an EPL team wanting him. They all had the opportunity to sign him last summer when he was two years younger than he will be in summer 2014 and, presumably, none of them fancied him. If they had, he wouldn't have come here. From memory, the teams we were competing with for his signature were Ipswich and Watford. Also, as much as I like him and think he's a great Championship 'keeper, he's not really THAT good to have EPL clubs queuing up for him. Even most of the teams at the bottom of that league already have someone at least as good as TK.

I think he probably did the September interview in the hope that being so open about wanting to stay would trigger an offer from BHAFC. As they haven't even started talking to him, he's now changed his approach and is planting the seed of doubt that he might not be here next season, presumably in the hope this will make the Albion act. If he really wanted to move he'd just shut up, see out his contract and sign for the highest bidder next summer. The fact he's so willing to talk about it to the press makes me think he's very keen to stay still and is simply trying to force the club into action. Of course, it goes without saying this is exactly what they should be doing.

Well put. This is the correct answer, nothing to wet ourselves over.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I don't really worry about an EPL team wanting him. They all had the opportunity to sign him last summer when he was two years younger than he will be in summer 2014 and, presumably, none of them fancied him. If they had, he wouldn't have come here. From memory, the teams we were competing with for his signature were Ipswich and Watford. Also, as much as I like him and think he's a great Championship 'keeper, he's not really THAT good to have EPL clubs queuing up for him. Even most of the teams at the bottom of that league already have someone at least as good as TK.

I think he probably did the September interview in the hope that being so open about wanting to stay would trigger an offer from BHAFC. As they haven't even started talking to him, he's now changed his approach and is planting the seed of doubt that he might not be here next season, presumably in the hope this will make the Albion act. If he really wanted to move he'd just shut up, see out his contract and sign for the highest bidder next summer. The fact he's so willing to talk about it to the press makes me think he's very keen to stay still and is simply trying to force the club into action. Of course, it goes without saying this is exactly what they should be doing.

Good post.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The fact that the club have made it clear they don't really want to enter into contract renewals at the moment probably has something to do with it. Doesn't have to be sinister.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009

while you are mostly correct, he didnt have the playing time 2 years ago that he has had recently to really show how good he is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here