• Beach Hut

Votes: 42 37.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WhingForPresident

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Stuart Hall won the tiebreak from yesterday's group against Brand, opening up a whole can of worms for when Ian Watkins comes up for nomination later in the week, and steams through to the next round, but it was old Uncle Sepp that stormed to automatic qualification with over half the vote.

Here is today's group:

Nick Grimshaw

Semi-famous for being very talented at clinging on to C-list celebrities and losing 1.5 million listeners of the Radio One breakfast show in less than one year.

Gus Poyet

Apparently shortlisted by Spurs now, Mr Poyet has done alright for himself following his dismissal for gross misconduct in May. Should be an interesting one.

Sam Callahan

This one may be a non-starter due to the general consensus regarding X Factor on this board. This kid was pretty irritating. Thought he was Robbie Williams when, in fact, he was more Robbie Savage. Or Lily Savage.

Beach Hut

NSC veteran Beach Hut has been clocking up the posts on this board for many a year, generally spreading love and warmth, but it appears that there has been a turn in the NSC tide, as a character once so respected takes a tumble from grace onto the CJTC of the Year shortlist.

Vote closes aaaaat 10.11 tomorrow morning.

Through to final 16 so far:

Sepp Blatter
Stuart Hall

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Radio is plebian, so I can't get worked up about Grimshaw. I have no Idea what an x-factor is, so don't care about Callaghan. Beach hut is one of us, so is ok in my book. Finally, that leaves Gus who thus gets my vote.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There are few broadcaster more irritating than 'Grimmy'

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Gus and Beachy are ok in my book.

Nick and Sam should progress here. I've gone for GRIMMY although I nominated Mr Callahan.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Think about Nick Grimshaw's voice and try and vote anything else. It's impossible.

And ridiculous that GP & Beachy are included here.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Grimshaw for me, I don't listen to Radio 1 but I've seen enough of him on TV to know he's a CJTC.

I've never heard of Sam Callahan, Gus is an Albion legend despite what people think of him now and Beach Hut meh.

WhingForPresident

Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Talk about the Group of Sleep.

No idea about Sam Callahan apart from to say someone's gone a bit OTT on Photoshop.

It's not a great one, expecting Grimmy and poor ole Beachy to go through.

Tomorrow's group is a pretty big one: Gary Barlow, Ian Watkins, David Beckham and David Cameron

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Well, I like Gus despite this year's upheaval, I don't watch the X-Factor so don't know who Callahan is and I don't study all the posts on here enough to get irritated by a forum user. That leaves Grimshaw and although I haven't listened to Radio 1 for years, I've seen him pop up on TV a few times and can see why people find his brown nosing ways annoying. So I'll go for him.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Beach Hut without a doubt. The epitome of someone who can only see something from his point of view. If it affects Beach Hut, expect a series of post on the unfairness of it all (See West Ham Tickets or Travel pricing) but if it doesn’t affect his personal pocket it’s entirely reasonable or fair (the charge for moving season ticket for example). Equally, I’ve seen numerous name calling type posts from Beachy but he banged on for ages when someone called him a prick – Another case of double standards. Throw in a refusal to admit ever being wrong (Tiscali was a great tip you know), super fan tendencies and no humour whatsoever (No doubt that makes me part of the Groovy gang. Ho ho ho) and there you have it.

My worst nightmare would be sat at a game stuck between BH and his comedy sidekick Ernest. The thought of it has me reaching for the valium.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Grimshaw for me, I don't listen to Radio 1 but I've seen enough of him on TV to know he's a CJTC.

I've never heard of Sam Callahan, Gus is an Albion legend despite what people think of him now and Beach Hut meh.

All of this. Incredibly weak group. 3 people I barely know/care about and one BHAFC legend.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
All of this. Incredibly weak group. 3 people I barely know/care about and one BHAFC legend.

Well, quite. It's CJTC 2013, not CJTC of all time. Three people I don't care about and 1 person who, in 2013, got us to 4th :)thumbsup:), lost us a play-off semi-final against that lot, and, the killer, did all he could to drag out his departure and significantly dented our performances for the first third of the season compared to what they could have been had Oscar been appointed two months earlier.

Against really poor opposition, there is only one person in this group who has affected me in any way in 2013, and most (not all) of it was bad.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Beach Hut without a doubt. The epitome of someone who can only see something from his point of view. If it affects Beach Hut, expect a series of post on the unfairness of it all (See West Ham Tickets or Travel pricing) but if it doesn’t affect his personal pocket it’s entirely reasonable or fair (the charge for moving season ticket for example). Equally, I’ve seen numerous name calling type posts from Beachy but he banged on for ages when someone called him a prick – Another case of double standards. Throw in a refusal to admit ever being wrong (Tiscali was a great tip you know), super fan tendencies and no humour whatsoever (No doubt that makes me part of the Groovy gang. Ho ho ho) and there you have it.

My worst nightmare would be sat at a game stuck between BH and his comedy sidekick Ernest. The thought of it has me reaching for the valium.

:thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

This really is a spot on summary, although you have only touched upon how incredibly tight he is and you haven't pointed out his tedious tendency to mention whenever "mini" or "junior" so much as farts, as if anyone on here gives a f#ck about his offspring. Christ, imagine if they really are like him too. #shudder
Also don't forget his inability to debate with anyone remotely left of centre, even if they are debating a non-economic point. If they are"red" they are not worth listening to, EVER.

Oh and welcome to the "groovy gang". :rolleyes:

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Well put, very well put. My only comment is Valium. I'd probably go for cyanide.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
It's not a great one, expecting Grimmy and poor ole Beachy to go through.

Tomorrow's group is a pretty big one: Gary Barlow, Ian Watkins, David Beckham and David Cameron

Please tell me Russell Kane was nominated? He's a massive CJTC.

Tomorrow's group surely has to be an Ian Watkins win.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I don't listen to any BBC Radio apart from SCR during Albion matches; and I don't watch the X factor, so on that basis I have to choose between Poyet and Beach Hut. Since I don't have much against Beach Hut, my vote goes to Poyet. Congratualtions on dragging out a lengthy and unpleasant saga at our club, threatening legal action in a case you realistically had no chance of winning. Doofus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here