Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Healy retires

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So what, you might say.

But just a nod to his impressive international goalscoring record - 36 goals in 95 matches - for a team as consistently dreadful as Northern Ireland. This includes 13 goals in one qualifying campaign - still a record. That same campaign also saw him score a hat-trick against Spain - SPAIN! - in Belfast in 2007.

Impressive.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Could be an idea for a thread: 'Players who were great at international level but shithouse for their respective club teams'.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Could be an idea for a thread: 'Players who were great at international level but shithouse for their respective club teams'.

While he had a better international career than a club one, it's a bit harsh to say that he was "shithouse" - he scored one goal every four games, not too shabby, particularly as he spent a lot of his time at Leeds playing on the wing.

But then, there are people on here who think Barnes, with one goal every three games, is a poor striker ...

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
While he had a better international career than a club one, it's a bit harsh to say that he was "shithouse" - he scored one goal every four games, not too shabby, particularly as he spent a lot of his time at Leeds playing on the wing.

But then, there are people on here who think Barnes, with one goal every three games, is a poor striker ...

I remember him having a ferociously powerful shot. Did he ever score against us? Did he even play for Leeds in League One? My memory of the Withdean years is fading fast :(

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

I jest :cool:

They should rename NSC, Songs of Praise.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm pretty sure he scored against us in the 3-3 game at Leeds in 2005, when we were in the Championship. We were 2-0 up but blew it. It was a fantastic match though.

I think that was the game when Seb Carole tore them a new one - and they signed him in the following transfer window, based largely on his performance in that match.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Remember him Scoring at Elland Road after scoring a few at international level (possibly v England)

We were in for him once apparently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here